Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to vent this one out in the racing section because this pertains to Mustangs in particular.

I've owned several cars, as I'm sure most of you have. Alas, I have tuned several cars, I am sure, some of you have as well. My 2003 GT 'stang being my latest Daily driver acheiving bolt ons as she goes along :)

My biggest complaint is why do we look like a bunch of ***** ass punks. I had a 4 banger 2002 Eclipse body kitted, custom paint, custom fenders, bolt on mods and NO BODY pulled the **** on this car that MUSTANG owners pull on me in my '03 GT. That is what upsets me about being a Mustang owner. I get flexed on(over GT's reving up on me at intersections as the pass, or stop lights when I'm in a turning lane). When I run up to race them, or pace them, they turn off instantly. Tonight is a prime example. I am leaving a friends house, make my way to the nearest 4 way stop. As a vert, GT with exhaust sees me at the stop sign(while he has the right of way) and he pops his **** in neutral and Rev's it up as he passes me. To me this a a straight up "*****" maneuver. Anywhoo, I catch up to him, and he turns the first right corner as soon as I get next him. So my question is why? In my eclipse this never happend. I would have other drivers pull up, compliment my car, and ask me if I ever street race it. Yes, street racing is illegal, yes I have done it as most of us here probably have. If I feel cocky, yes I would probably do it in my GT. So why pull a ***** move and flex on someone and then turn off before they catch up to you? Alas, why for god sakes would you do it in a Mustang GT to another GT owner? IF you want to race a GT, man the **** up and do it in a proper oder. Don't be a cake and turn off because you "think" your car is faster.....sorry guys...I know I'm new....but this right here pisses me off. It's a big time pet peeve of mine. Yet it's happend more times in the 4 weeks I've owned my GT than it has in any other modified car I have owned for several years. It's rather insulting than anything to have a Mustang bretheran flex, and then punk out like a little cake when you line up.

My 2 cents, if you want to race, then make it known. If you have a GT and want to act stupid....don't!

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
I agree and I see this every day. And it's the other Mustang owners that are the worst. Just a testosterone thing I guess. I just let them do their thing and hope I'll meet them at the track one day!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Maybe they are not wanting to race but just rev the motor as a way to say "Hi" or "Nice Car".

I have the most problems with pickup trucks doing burnouts and other stupid stuff.

Where I live in Northwest Ohio must people will give you a wave or thumbs up. But at night it might not be so easy to see a wave or thumbs so they rev the motor.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
I see this all the time. And its not just mustangs, ill get trucks and stuff revving up to me. But i dont think they are serious, cuz the light will turn green and they never take off. I think they just wanna see what ya got. I try not to street race, but there is a time and a place for it. Or they see my guages and hear the whine from under the hood and back off lol. Idunno what it is, but i just let them do their thing.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Usually other mustang owners rev it on me but in a "what's up" manner and then I rev back (being at a stoplight) and if there is enough time, we'll chat for a little and talk about our cars and compliment one another's ride:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's just odd as I've lived in this area for the past ten years now. The only time people would rev up is to try to instigate. I live in Round Rock, right outside of Austin Texas. So if anyone every says "hi" to another tuner, we do the usually and show the "hook 'em 'horns" anyone reving up around my parts is usually trying to make a statement.

I have to agree, next to Mustang's, trucks do this a lot too. As I stated, street racing is a illegal, however, i'd actually like to fair up my GT to another one because ultimately this would come down to a drivers race. Unless of course, they have significantly more modifications than I, or vice versa.

·
Registered
504 Posts
lol...it cuz there not scared of the elipse..they see ur GT and say to them selfs..a challenge...as far as them being a bizatch i cant explain for them since im not one of them lol

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
when i have my car and i see other mustang owners i rev my engine to be like.. yeah dude mustang!! not to be an *******. lol

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
And because you have one loud a$$ exhaust set up lol.

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
I think we all get this from time to time. I have had a few go by and rev there motors then wave to me as they go by. Guess they liked the car.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
well everytime i see a mustang that looks nice and when im in my mustang i rev and give them thumbs up like hell yea mustang. i dont see how this provokes a race.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Maybe they are not wanting to race but just rev the motor as a way to say "Hi" or "Nice Car".
I was thinking the same thing. Hey Dope GT, I bet most are just saying "what's up!" to a fellow stanger. I had a Black GT rev at me and I smiled. I couldn't rev back, because I have an auto and I was driving. But from one ATX stanger to another, don't sweat it. I bet they just like your car. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
51 Posts
They're all right i rev my enginge to say hay nice stang not to instigate. Throw some pics up and we'll see if its one of those cant help but get excited cars.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I didnt know people took it so personnaly when you revved your engine...

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
G

·
I dunno i can see it both ways its usually where your from that determines what it means where i live a big loud rev means they wanna get down so its just culture basically everything is different everywhere

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.