Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was the first car I REALLY wanted to buy in a long time. Fell in love with it when I first saw it. I got sick about 1 1/2 ago and had 3 operations since then. I decided it was time I did somthing I had always wanted to do, buy a new Mustang! What a great year to do it.
I am feeling much better and this car brings me great joy everyday! I guess that is one of the reasons I still check in with this forum. I can't believe there are other people out there having as much fun with their Mustang as I am. Reading this and other forums I see that other people understand. You can buy a car that will just get you from point A to point B, but this car is about how it makes you feel. This car becomes an extension of who we are. We could have bought a more practical car,
but life is far too short for that, we know we must ENJOY THE RIDE!

·
Registered
208 Posts
There were many reasons for buying my car. I had been driving my grandfathers 93 Escourt. It was beginning to show its age even with only 50,000 miles on it. I wanted something with more safety features and a little more fun under the hood. This time last year, when I was looking for a new car, the new '05s were coming out and I knew Ford would be willing to wheel and deal with the '04s. I wanted a GT but ran across a '03 Cobra that was a great deal. I passed it by wifey and she said she didnt like the body style. :rolleyes: Her brother was a Acura dealer but I didnt like the way the RSX Type S drove. :sleeping:

We went to the Texas State Fair and strolled through the Automobile Building and Ford had a black '05 Mustang GT on display. :eyepoppin She said I could have one of those. :laughlitt The order when in a short time later and Marcus was born. I am so glad my wife balked. This car is so much fun to drive and watch heads turn. The comments are nice also.

·
Registered
108 Posts
A few Reasons:

1) Turned 40 and needed a mid life crisis car :winks. ( Wife said ok as long as I do not get a young hot chick to go with it... )

2) I always liked to looks of the 65-70 mustange and this one seemed to blend the best of the era into it's looks...

3) The 300hp is a nice bonus ( 400hp would have been better )

4) I am 6'-4' and about 220lb and found, after countless test drives, that the new mustang was one of the few sporty cars that I could actually fit in and be comfortable.

5) Reasonable price for a middle age toy...

Now for the truth:

I test drove: Nissan 350z, C5 & C6 Vetts, Porsche Boxter, Honda S2000, MazdaSpeed Miata (turbo ), Mazda RX8, Dodge Magmum, and a few others. The Honda, Porshe and Miata handled better than the mustang, but lacked the raw power. It boiled down to a vert 350z or the Mustang coup. I could not make up my mind and the wife broke the tie and I got the mustang....

·
Registered
502 Posts
Well, I know this is gonna gross and weird out some people, but hey, you asked...

The a$$ on this car is the finest that I have ever seen. I mean anywhere. I mean even the women that grace the Mustang Ladies section do not have cabooses that compare to this car. I got a physical, semi-sexual rush the first time I saw the rear of the '05, and it hasn't gone away since I got her in early July. I have a lust for this car that is very similar to being in love. I'm spending an inordinate amount of time and money on Dixi, washes and waxes three to four times a week, and buying interior and exterior accessories like they were jewelry. My wife has been incredibly understanding -- so far -- because in some respects it really is like I'm having an affair right in front of her eyes. :eyebulge:

I should add that this rush was very specifically triggered by the V6. When the spoiler is added, the feeling goes away completely. THAT is the main reason I went with the 4.0 version. No other car that I've ever seen has even remotely moved me the way this one has, and continues to.

So that's my story...enjoy your baby girl! Good health and long life to you, my friend...

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
It was time for a new car, current has too many miles, and age is starting to show itself in the form of rust. Really wanted to stick with rear drive, nothing else out there even before the new style Mustang was out was catching my eye. Then out came the commercials, and I fell in love. Decided to wait for the 1st year of production to go by and get me an 06. This car needs to last me 10 years and 200k miles. I think it should have no problem.
Still cant wait, hope my current car can hold out a few more months

·
Registered
599 Posts
I'm a v-8 guy, first car had 351 windsor (Torino Elite), also have had 83' Mustang GT, 77 Corvette, 89 IROC (350). Just love the torque, the sound, the feel of a v-8. I have wanted another mustang GT since i sold my last one in 1987.:)

·
Registered
24 Posts
My daughter, my wife, and my kidney!

mustmg1 said:
This was the first car I REALLY wanted to buy in a long time. Fell in love with it when I first saw it. I got sick about 1 1/2 ago and had 3 operations since then. I decided it was time I did somthing I had always wanted to do, buy a new Mustang! What a great year to do it.
I am feeling much better and this car brings me great joy everyday! ]

Like you, I had an operation (well, actually three due to some complications). I had a kidney transplant in late May thanks to a kind sister who donated. I had known about it coming since March, and my wife suggested that I get a new car--something to focus on instead of the procedure.

At the same time, my daughter was turning 17, and insisted that I give her my car--a 2002 Mini Cooper--since her older brother got a car when he turned 17. Well, this lined up the stars for me, and here I am with my new Legend Lime GT Vert, which came in right after I had fully recovered but in time for a summer of top-down fun.

Thanks,

Mr. Toad

LLR# 0063

·
Registered
294 Posts
I knew that I was going to buy one when I saw the MotorTrend article in Feb '04. http://motortrend.com/roadtests/coupe/112_0402_mustang/ and it was only a matter of time.
This was my car.
I had never owned a (street legal) Mustang before because there never was one that "called" to me, the "right" one.
I was hooked.
I am weak.
I could afford to buy it, and couldn't afford not to.
I really really really wanted one.
Ford made one in silver and black with a stick.
So many reasons I can't list them all. It's a good thing I didn't need a good one.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I've missed having a convertible for so many years after selling my Austin Healey Sprite. I decided I was buying myself *something* for my 40th birthday. I test drove everything I could afford last fall, and they were all kinda lackluster.:handball: Hmmm, nothing worth cramping my style with payments. Then I saw the SuperBowl commercial for the Mustang Vert!!:worship It was love at first sight.:hearton: I had to HAVE it!:drool:

The 300 HP, the mean sound, and all the other stuff is just icing on the cake.

·
Registered
12,243 Posts
My Girl

Well my story is not quite as interesting as some of yours, but here is my story. I am car collecter, I collect muscle cars of the 60s adn 70s with a few chice models from the 50s. However, I am mostly a Chevy fan, for that is what I mostly owned. I buy them then restore them. However, I could never be the orginal owner of any of them. First came the SSR, which I was highly interested in, but then with the high price, the total lack of poracticallity, and the lower than expeted performance ability, I lost interest :sosad: . Then came the GTO, again I was interested, but the car did not scream my name. Yes, I like the the road manners and the performance, but like the rest of us, the looks did not catch me (I thought it looked nice, but more like a Grand Am on steroids :sleeping:). Then finally, the Mustang arrives.....WOW!!! An awesome 300 hp muscle car, that is remotely affordable and comes in convertible (I always have had a love affair with Verts). To my surprixe, here was an awesome car that did NOT have to be restored, and I could be the first owner..WOW!!:eyebulge: So I thought about it, and one day, I had an appointment cancell and I needed to kill some time, so I stiopped by the dealer, and low and behold...nmy girl was waiting there just for lil' ol' me!!!:winks An hour or so later, my and my girl were an item.

I have to also agree with the post here about the mid-life crisis thing...my wife agrees with that one. :)

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
My son showed me a pic of the GT on a plane trip to Fla. When I got home we went to the dealer and ordered one. I had never seen a GT in person until just before Easter. There's a silver 2005 GT sitting in front of Snowshed lodge in Killington Vermont. What a place to see finally see one up close.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
SunBoss said:
............ Then I saw the SuperBowl commercial for the Mustang Vert!!:worship It was love at first sight.:hearton: I had to HAVE it!:drool:

The 300 HP, the mean sound, and all the other stuff is just icing on the cake.
Lol, that was the same damn commercial that did it for me! The one when hes driving in a blizzard in the Middle of nowhere and at a red light?

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
My wife's uncle who works for Ford showed me a picture of the 2005 concept car a few years ago and I fell in love with it, the last mustang I owned was a 86GT and just didn't care for the styling after that until I saw the 2005 model, The increased HP didn't hurt either :drool:
Not to mention I have been driving a 97 chevy pickup for 8 years which will now be my winter beater. :happyhapp

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've been a mustang fan for a while. I use to have a 86GT but sold it 4 yrs ago b/c everything started to go wrong with it and I was in college and could not afford all the problems. I then got a 97 Honda Civic which, I'll be honest was the most reliable car you could imagine (133,000 and not one problem!). I got out of college in Dec 0f 04' and got a great job. Wanted a car with more pwr than the slow Honda. :laughlitt That and i've always liked the older stangs and thought when Ford changed the look of the Mustang in '94, they got worse and more ugly every year up til 05' :cool:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I came within a breath of buying a 65 Fastback in 65.Then came family etc. etc.
No 65!!!
I ordered a GT 05 in March 05.
No 05.
Dealer allotment.
So now I have a 06 on order. The dealer has received their first one. Mine is next.
My retirement car. Forty one years is a long wait.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Ford re-made the mustang into what it used to be. They dipped back into the mustangs American muscle heritage. And it has more power than I could have imagined:eyepoppin

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I left one out. I loved the movie Bullitt and when the made that TV spot with McQueen, I was like OHHH MAN!!! That was it, I just had to have one.

·
Registered
65 Posts
My wife was wanting a new car that, as she put it, "I won't see at every red light." She has been driveing 4 door sedans for the last 15 years and wanted something "fun". When she saw the cornfield commercial she decided that she wanted the new Mustang GT. We test drove one, ordered one, and then played the waiting game. No regrets.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Swore I would never buy another new car. I said I would buy 2 or 3 year old cars from now on, because of price.

Then saw that Steve McQueen commercial.
CRAP!!!! (Everytime they played it I would come running just to see it again!)
Went and saw one in person & I swear it was the prettiest new car I have ever seen. I love older Mustangs and this was car perfect for me, old looks & new car reliabilty.
Couldn't resist it so I bought one.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts