Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
New GM cars

Yes, I wouldn't mind sharing the road with the new Dodge Challenger. But the new Camaro is one ugly P.O.S.

I hope Chevy does enough market research and change the front grill before it hits production. I've yet to find anybody who thinks that looks good. And that's coming from a lot of former camaro owners/enthusists.

Anyway, if I have to see them on the road, at least they'll be in my rear view mirror.:laughlitt

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
MEH362 said:
Yes, I wouldn't mind sharing the road with the new Dodge Challenger. But the new Camaro is one ugly P.O.S.

I hope Chevy does enough market research and change the front grill before it hits production. I've yet to find anybody who thinks that looks good. And that's coming from a lot of former camaro owners/enthusists.

Anyway, if I have to see them on the road, at least they'll be in my rear view mirror.:laughlitt
As soon as I saw it, I knew when I would be trading in my Mustang. Oh, and since they will get an LS2 or better... you wont have to worry about seeing the grill... just tailights :happyhapp

As for Dodge, same reason they dont have a manual tranny... gets a lot of talk, but doesn't sell many cars.

:dunce:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Really?

Kyle F said:
As soon as I saw it, I knew when I would be trading in my Mustang. Oh, and since they will get an LS2 or better... you wont have to worry about seeing the grill... just tailights :happyhapp

As for Dodge, same reason they dont have a manual tranny... gets a lot of talk, but doesn't sell many cars.

:dunce:
Am I reading that right? You're gonna trade in your 'stang for one of the new Camaro's? Sucks you have to wait, huh? OH! No you don't. Just go pick it up in its current form...FROM CADILLAC!!!:sterb:

·
Registered
787 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Kyle F said:
As soon as I saw it, I knew when I would be trading in my Mustang. Oh, and since they will get an LS2 or better... you wont have to worry about seeing the grill... just tailights
Really??? What are the Camaro or Challenger going to cost? What are the engine options going to be? How are they going to handle? What are the production versions going to look like? What kind of build quality will they have? Maybe you should wait until they come out before getting all worked up over them. No, better yet, go sell your Mustang right now to someone who will appreciate it. Maybe when the Camaro and Challenger finally come out and they're not everything people are building them up to be because Chevy and Dodge had to make the final cost cutting/marketing decisions to make the cars profitable and appeal to a wider market, you can buy another Mustang. Seems to me alot of people were getting all worked up over the Dodge Charger before it came out, maybe you should go buy one of those.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Don't waste reason on him....

He's a die hard bow tie person. I bet he shudders when he touches his evil Mustang.

Let him trade in his Ford, it doesn't hurt my feelings any. If he feels better driving a cadd, umm, crapme, err camaro, let him.:happyhapp
We all know how the ls2 does in the goat compared to lightly modded stang......
Will it be any different with the caddi, errrr camaro?

·
Registered
1,916 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
I really think the 'charger' aint a charger...even wearing general lee clothes, it looks like a bad imposter...they shoulda built that R/T concept from 2000...even with 4 doors it looked 'kinda' like a charger if it was dark and you squinted real bad...at least it was a good looking car. the 'new charger' to me is unattractive and NOT readily identifiable as a Charger.

I love the new challenger- but too pricey- if they actualy build it I heard $42K.

The new Camaro I like a lot- except that narrow pointy grill dont bear ANY resemblance to a old camaro...the roof/quarters are very attractive, but again, taillamps are not identifiable as Camaro. Even If they DID put a flat recessed RS grille in there(it needs this) and some taillamps that paid homage to a 67~69 I doubt I'd personally be in line for one- but one helluva lot more bowtie guys would. The lines on the new Mustang are what made it such a success- it has 'hints' of the old that are unmistakable, yet its 100% different. GM got the camaro in profile, but both ends are 'not camaro looking', and thats too bad. if they build it and price it in the 25k range, it will still sell, but if they rethink the ends, I think it would be another mustanglike success story. My guess is it will keep the pointy nose, the vette taillamps and be priced at 35-40...if it is it misses the ponycar point...affordable fun car. If the GTO had a more heritage inspired body and cost a little less, it would be a runaway success too...face it these days, Ford/Mopar/GM all pretty much know how to make power...I prefer fords, but wouldnt be suprised if GM tries to one-up them, and build a mustang killer- whatever, as long as they price it for volume sales and build it here in the states, God bless'em and I wish them all the luck in the world with it. if the produce it across the border and want 35+ for it, I hope they choke on it. They gotta eventually realize the economy is full circle and products NEED to be affordable by the average joe building them. depending on the 'immediate greed' it might be an interesting couple years. imagine if chrysler dropped a bomb and right before production starts cuts the price to be competitive with the mustang? man would that give the industry a kick in the pants- then we'd all win- competition is best when its a close match, as both sides really got to strive for a little better in order to win the sale- however if one costs 50% more, it can make the cheap model attractive enough that further improvements wont happen till necessary. if real competition appears on the horizon, the mustang will start seeing interior refinements...and fuel fill improvements...little things most buyers wouldnt accept if an equivalent model competing could offer a better choice. Competition is good- long as they dont start the 'race to the bottom' pricewise...make it profitable, but also make it attractive enough to justify it. Maybe they should just all start building mustangs ? :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Is this not a all ford mustang forum?? Who gives a F**K about em. Take the dodge and camaro crap to their respective forums.

·
Registered
386 Posts
JEB said:
'

that's not ugly.........

IT'S HI-DE-OUS!!!!!!!!!!!!

It looks like an orange pile of afterbirth with wheels.......
Yeah well sadly it's still better looking than the 4 door IMHO :evilchuck

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
JEB said:
Don't waste reason on him....

He's a die hard bow tie person. I bet he shudders when he touches his evil Mustang.

Let him trade in his Ford, it doesn't hurt my feelings any. If he feels better driving a cadd, umm, crapme, err camaro, let him.:happyhapp
We all know how the ls2 does in the goat compared to lightly modded stang......
Will it be any different with the caddi, errrr camaro?
Actually I am a die hard Pontiac Fan (Firebirds)... now whay didnt I buy a older Trans Am... because I wanted somethign new that I knew how it had been treated and not have ot repair others hack jobs.

Why not a GTO... list out your reasons... subtract those that include brand loyalty and/or bashing and you probably have my list of Why nots.

When the Camaro comes out, I will have had my stang for 3 or 4 years and will probably be bored with it.

Looks are so sunjective to the person looking... ofcourse on a Ford board its going to get picked apart, but hell some people like the Aztecks and Honda Elements. I happen to like the lines of it... and I know they wont look exactly like the picture in production, but neither does the s197 compared to its concept models.

As of right now, I am enjoying my Mustang for everything its worth. I think all too often brand loyalty makes a snap decision. Since 93 the F-bosy has kicked the Mustangs ass in every measurable performance category. Ford had to wait until they stoped making them to finally produce a car that would compete with the SS's WS6's and Firehawks... and now... watch out my GT has got 20less hp in 05 that the Trans Am did in 2000.

The Camaro will not be as heavy as a GTO, set nearly as high, or be as unbalanced... simply put 400hp in a car the size of the Camaro... will kick ass.

For those who want to talk build quality... read post around here... stuff breaking, rattles, recalls, and blowing up. ITs across the board in aevery brand. THough I never see anyone listing build quality mods in their sigs... Added sound deading material... trim to fit dash, any of that. What matters to us muscle car fans is performance... thats what we compare.

Oh, and I think the Charger sucks because its a 4-door and way heavy. Though if I had 2 kids right now... it would have probably toped my list. THe challenger being built on the same platform will be too heavy to compete unless they have more mods available for the HEmi then. :cool:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Im a Pontiac person too. I have a 70 GTO conv. and i wanted to buy a matching new one. Coundt plunk that kind of change down for such a bland looking car. This is my first new car. Ive had a few trans ams too. But i bought the Mustang. I like it alot. GM has a better drivetrain. Dodge does have the Hemi...

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
toolttime said:
Is this not a all ford mustang forum?? Who gives a F**K about em. Take the dodge and camaro crap to their respective forums.
Man, you were just as fooled by the website name as I was.......

You need to understand, this is NOT a MUSTANG site. This is a site where GM'ers and Mopar'ers come to bash Mustangs and fords.

I know this may not make sense, but I have learned the truth. Do NOT EVER speak good of Ford, or especially Mustangs here.

You need to go to chev-omo.org to do that......

·
Registered
418 Posts
JEB said:

You need to understand, this is NOT a MUSTANG site. This is a site where GM'ers and Mopar'ers come to bash Mustangs and fords.

I know this may not make sense, but I have learned the truth. Do NOT EVER speak good of Ford, or especially Mustangs here.

I don't think I agree with that statement. It's silly to be blinded by brand loyalty. I'm not a huge Ford fan at all, I like my Stang and all but I'm a bigger Mopar guy. However I don't come here to bash Fords. Anyway who wants to go to a forum where everyone just sits around stroking each other about how great their Fords are?

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
And I disagree with your statement Boglin.

I refer to my food choices......

If I buy bad chicken at Chicken House, once, I may go back. If I get sick again, I will not. Po Po's chicken will get all of my business.

Brand loyalty is the same with other things....

I have had 2 Ruger pistols. Both had problems that are very detailed and lenghty. Neither were fixed, even after being returned to the factory. My Smith's have not had problems. I now buy only S&W, and have not had a malfunction yet. Well, I do also have a Glock, but that's really for the wife, she doesn't like the .44's.......

I play guitar, have owned Fenders, Gibsons, a Charvel, Kramers, and even an Aria Pro(cheap one at that.) With the exception of the Charvel, they were all good guitars, but all had their own feel and neck shape (most important) and sound.
Then I played my first Ibanez, fell in love with a wonderful guitar that cost less than 1/4 of the Les paul, and just over half of my Strat, with more tonal versatility.
All other guitars have since been sold, except for my other 12 Ibanez's, each a different model, but all Ibanez (that's 13 total Ibanez's). My hands are happy with that brand.

I like Diet Coke, hate Diet Pepsi. Is that silly?

I love HP servers, and can't stand Dells....Same components, but I prefer tha layout of the hp's, and their service is much better for warranty work.

Brand loyalty is nothing more than spending MY money where I feel it is better spent. What is wrong with that?

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
JEB said:

This was meant to be satire.....
Sorry if it did not translate well.....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.