Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

I will be driving down the road and pass by Firebirds, Vettes, GTO's and all they do is nod or say "nice car"

But pull up next to some kid in a Honda Civic, and all he wants to do is race. Don't get me wrong, it's fun to put them in there place, but whats the point? They can't beat me. :headscratch:

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
because they watch too much "fast and furious". They think that just because a movie can make imports look fast, that their car is just as fast!
My friend has an '02 civic 4banger, I have driven it myself and that thing is a pig! Civics don't faze me one bit.
But yeah I hate the "fast and furious" movies. All they have is imports and make them look like they are faster than any other car. Like in the second one where the Eclipse and the Lancer are racing all the American muscle cars. Any of those muscle cars could smoke those little imports!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Screw those little rice burners. I have rolled up on SO many civics with the altezza tail lamps and spoilers on the back that are big enough to convert into book shelves. What's the point? The only people who ever say things like "nice ride" or "awesome car" are people who drive jacked up dodge rams and F150s with flood lamps all over them.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I hate that movie to. There is no way they could have beaten those muscle cars unless the drivers were moroms and didn't know how to drive. I remember being stationed in Okinowa Japan, behind Camp Kinser the local kids would drag race. Being in Japan they of course had rice burners. There were two brothers that had 95' Mustang GT's all tricked out. It was funny to watch them pull up to the starting line. Normally people were jumping at a chanceto race, but when these 2 pulled up everyone seemed to be working under there hoods tryin to tweak something. I never saw those guys lose a race. And they would go up against some of the most heavily moded burners I have ever seen.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
If those civics say si on them, are really are si's they can and probably will beat you:hihi:

Oh and about the 95 gts, uhh, those must have been "heavily modded grocery getters" because a heavily modded supra would walk over most 95 gt's:hihi:

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No these kids put a lot of money into their cars. The kids stateside have nothing on what these guys would do. Most of these kids had cars that should have been in a showroom. The GT's also had Supershargers and Nitrous. Engines were hand built, they must of had $60 or $70 in them after the purchase, couple of rich kids.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Hey, I was a fan of those movies before until I discovered American Muscle. Now all I say is, "Awwww look at that little four banger..."

There is a Prelude around here who happens to be a distant friend of mine. Fart cannon exhaust, right-hand side driver. I heard he's done some MAJOR work on his ride, takes it to the strip ever so often...

I catch him every now and then with his white Prelude creating such a farting sound around the street, but if I catch him while I'm in my ride...I'll show him one day.

Not to mention his performance stickers adds 50hp+!

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
I do not know why but it is kind of funny to me when they do that though. They just think they are fast.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

I will be driving down the road and pass by Firebirds, Vettes, GTO's and all they do is nod or say "nice car"

But pull up next to some kid in a Honda Civic, and all he wants to do is race. Don't get me wrong, it's fun to put them in there place, but whats the point? They can't beat me. :headscratch:
They've got more to prove.

:hihi:

I do not know why but it is kind of funny to me when they do that though. They just think they are fast.

I finally lost to one (in my Focus) -unbroken streak . . .

I was sooo looking forward to saying - if that was embarrasing,-hold up, let me get my Stang . ..

·
Registered
637 Posts
I have YET to get beat by an IMPORT and I really do not see it happening. I see a lot of them where I am from and Its really funny to see them try and catch up to you and taught you on When only to find out they see the rear bumper of my car and the distance between us getting Further and further away HA HA HA HA. Si or Dx I have smoked em all. I did how ever have a CLOSE race against a Honda s2000 But in the end he too saw the rear end of my Mustang ROFL!!!

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
I have YET to get beat by an IMPORT and I really do not see it happening. I see a lot of them where I am from and Its really funny to see them try and catch up to you and taught you on When only to find out they see the rear bumper of my car and the distance between us getting Further and further away HA HA HA HA. Si or Dx I have smoked em all. I did how ever have a CLOSE race against a Honda s2000 But in the end he too saw the rear end of my Mustang ROFL!!!
Hope you drive a gt?
An S2000 would leave you in the dust.

You beat the driver, not the car.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
You guys must live in places where there are no real imports. Don't get me wrong, I'm a die-hard stang fan and I also bleed Ford blue, I have a 90 5.0L and an 01 V6. But there are some imports, at least where I live, that WALK a lot of cars, imports and domestics alike. I'm not talking stickered up Civic DX's, there are bolt-on Evo's and STi's that will give most stangs a good run, if not take them. Plus out here there are little bastards with turbo Civics that leave the body stock, they can sneak up on ya. Supra's, you better be packing something, cause the ones I've come across are not stock. I'm not pro-import, but I respect whats fast and has good work.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have seen fast imports down in Miami and out in California. But not one the could touch my Stang. I used to have a Nissan Maxima GXE V6, I think it had 165HP stock, and it was heavy as hell. I beat Porshe's, Vettes, and other rice burners in it. What the race really boils down to is the skill level of the driver. Most of the cars I used to beat in that Maxima should have smoked me, but the guys behind the wheel couldn't drive for [email protected]. :hihi: The guys who try to race me with their burners are dissalousioned about how fast they think thier car is, and don't know how to drive it.:gringreen A good driver will beat a faster car just as easily as a really fast car will beat a stock burner. The only burners that are any compatition are the motorcycles.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
637 Posts
Oh trust me I know how to shift....Its probably the only way I beat that s2000 I thought For sure I would lose.....I beat him by a full car length, I love racing and I know how to drive....I have learned how to even Drift pretty well in my Stang. I love trying new things and I am a fast learner.
A lot of drivers in my Area have Big MOUTHS but Small Balls in there cars. lol

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It happened again today, pulled up to a stop light and a chik in a Ford Focus Hatchback reved her engine at me, all I could do was laugh. 2 lights later a guy in a donk (for those that don't know what that is, it the 70's model boxey car that the "Thugs" jack up and put on 24" or 26" rims. They look dumb as hell.) His did sound good being a V8 and the fact that his exsaust was higher than my trunk. Light turned green and he got the jump cause I didn't think he was serious, but I passed him without a problem and left him in the dust. Kind of sad that he probably had around $10,000 in mods, most went the suspensoin, Rims, Rims, Rims, Oh yah and to paint. Talked to him at the gas station later, and all he could say was, nice car.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Ha Ha Same happen again for me today as well. Only I pulled out of a gas station and a 1995 Honda Hatchback dx pulled up next to me I didnt think anything of it Untill he reved it at me He was a Hmong and his car had a FAT ass tip on the end that was Cocked a lil to the side ha ha.....Came to a set of lights and I took the WIN home from there Smoked him by about 6 or so car lengths. After it was over he pulled up to me again and put thumbs up out the Window. I put thumbs DOWN ha ha ha

·
Registered
824 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
suprisingly, the first fast and the furious movie is my favorite, and i wanna see the forth

but i dont take any of it seriosuly, i watch it for entertainment purpose

i do apperciate import cars though, i love the supra, RX-7 300zx(not feeling the current 350), wrx's, evo's.

i just preffer the muscle car look and sound, but i still like to laugh at the econo-tunered ricer car

·
Registered
235 Posts
Actually had a decend race today. Pulled up to a light next to a 06 Dodge Avenger R/T with an older guy and his wife. (they were in there 50's) I looked over at him and noded, he noded and quickly looked away. Light turned green and I goosed it a little, he took off very slowly so I was going to blow it off. Then I go to get on the highway and he wipps around me on the onramp. I hopped on the highway and floored it, flew past him, His wife was laughing her @ss off as we passed. We played around for a few miles, it was fun. His car wasn't anywere as ast as mine, but he was a good driver so it made up for it. We both got off at the same exit and he followed me into a gas station, and we BSed for about 20 minutes. He said that he had a 68 Mustang when he was younger. Really nice guy, invited me to join a car club he was in.:bigthumbsup

It was fun to race someone that was a challange, even though his car wasn't as good, he was. :D

Oh and to reply to the earlier post about the Porshe's and such not really racing. The spoiled little rich kids that drove them couldn't drive worth a crap. I didn't beat the cars, I beat the drivers.:shiny:

Had a good race today against a 2007 V6 Stang. He was still stock except for rims. Young kid, but he was a good driver. Smoked him. Talked to him for while afterwards and he said that he had only had it for 3 months and had also looking for a good race. He had a little more power but I could corner faster.

·
Registered
649 Posts
old dudes that race are the ****.

my guess is that they used to be us back in the 60's, hence why they race

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.