Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, I got a 1988 mustang lx with 5.0 302 and a 2bbrl carburetor with 40 series flowmaster mufflers. I was wandering why my mufflers don't sound as deep or as loud as other mustangs with the same exhaust. I do believe that everyone else is using flowmaster exhaust but my dad think that they might be hush turbo mufflers instead of flowmasters. Clould someone please clear this up for me I strongly desire that beefy mustang sound in my car. thanks alot

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Mufflers arent the only thing that is going to change the sound of a car. Plus it depends what system the other mustangs your speaking of have. Maybe they had the American thunders. Also if they have after market H pipes X pipes or different headers that will change the tone as well.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
not to mention that induction has an effect on exhaust sound. a fuel injected 88 will sound different than a carbed 88

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Getting an Offroad h-pipe will make it sound a lot deeper.

·
Registered
150 Posts
GhostDog 5.0 said:
Getting an Offroad h-pipe will make it sound a lot deeper.
and raspier....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
many thanks

I would just like to thank everyone that helped me out. I think I am going to get some bbk shorty headers and and offroad h pipe. I already got a racing cam that i am getting ready to put in it. I also wanted to know what size carb i should get i just bought a aluminum high rise intake and i have a holley 750cfm double pumper but i think its to large for the 302. If anyone could give me an idea on the right size and what one would be best such as the type of the carb it would be great. thanks again

·
Registered
136 Posts
Prochamber h :laughlitt

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.