Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK time to rant. Sorry, long but I need to vent...

I discovered an oil leak on my car and had to bring it to the dealer to have it serviced. All the work was covered under warranty and so far so good.

However, I am very disappointed with the quality of the service and now wonder whether whatever warranty work they did was done correctly or not.

To start off, I went to pick up the car yesterday after getting a call letting me know that it was ready and when I went to drive out of there I had about 2 inches of play on my clutch pedal before it hit the floor. So, I had to leave it there and drive home on a loaner. They had to bleed the clutch again and that took care of it.

As soon as I started the car yesterday I heard a rattle. I knew exactly where it was coming from because I had experienced this before after having work done on my exhaust. When I got that done, the bolts on the flared nipple clamps connecting the x-pipe to the cat pipes were not torqued to spec and eventually loosened up and started rattling at low RPMs. Since they had to drop my transmission to take care of the leak I figured they had loosened this up in order to get the x-pipe out of the way to make room to drop the transmission or something like that. No problem, I didn't want them messing with anything else and decided I would take care of it when I got the car home.

Well, when I crawled under the car to check things out and tighten those bolts after I finally got the car home today here is what I found... look at the bolts on the clamp on the x-pipe side of the flared nipples
Driver side

Passenger side

Wait, there is more... as I'm on the highway I noticed my shifter boot is looking pretty stretched out in 5th gear, what the heck. When I got home and took a closer look I noticed that the boot was pinched on the passenger side when they screwed the shifter back down...

I loosened the shifter knob and pulled the boot out but it left a couple of dimples and long mark as you can see below. Hopefully that will go away.

Oh well, I sure hope I don't need to go back there any time soon. Rant over time to go get a cold one and decompress. Thanks for reading.

Oh yeah, almost forgot. My oil level after the oil change, just barely over the lower hole on the dip stick. Now I'm really done.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
wow, sorry to hear that. that is everyone's worst fear when they take their car to the dealer.

it is a good thing you have photographic evidence of all of this. aside from avoiding that dealership, you should reflect your bad experience in any review that comes your way and perhaps make a complaint to ford corporate about that dealership.

i think the ford company itself is respectable but it is so freaking hard finding a GOOD ford dealership.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Crap. Like Cababah said, time for a new dealer.

I'd let FCS know about the weak link too, any one of those screwups it totally uncalled for, all of them happening at during the same service event is downright disgusting.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I suppose we're stuck with young unexperienced mechanics at the dealerships when we get warranty work done. That sucks. Now I get all my work done at an independent shop with respectable personnel who do the job right.

It's not Ford's fault. It's the caliber of the mechanics at the dealer.

BTW, I will never take my Yukon to the GMC dealer again, ever. Same reason. Been hosed. :shigrin

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Yeah the worst part of having problems IMO isn't getting them fixed it's the lack of care and attention from mechanics these days that want to get your car done as fast as possible as they make more money that way. When I bought my new EVO X MR one of the wheels were out of balance from the factory so the dealer rebalanced the wheel. MR's come with forged BBS wheels that are dealer list $1300 each and sure enough when I get the car back the wheel has a scratch all along the front and it looked like they used a screwdriver to remove the factory weights scratching them everywhere the weights were. The mechanic treated my 1 week old $44k car (Canada remember) and essentially took as much care used as much smarts as a pot head kid working at a muffler shop and that's because it doesn't matter how much your paid because to them it's just another car and they really don't care.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Where did you take it? I work at a nissan dealer in yonkers, and I have a few friends around the area that work in ford.

F

·
0 Posts
OK time to rant. Sorry, long but I need to vent...

I discovered an oil leak on my car and had to bring it to the dealer to have it serviced. All the work was covered under warranty and so far so good.

However, I am very disappointed with the quality of the service and now wonder whether whatever warranty work they did was done correctly or not.

To start off, I went to pick up the car yesterday after getting a call letting me know that it was ready and when I went to drive out of there I had about 2 inches of play on my clutch pedal before it hit the floor. So, I had to leave it there and drive home on a loaner. They had to bleed the clutch again and that took care of it.

As soon as I started the car yesterday I heard a rattle. I knew exactly where it was coming from because I had experienced this before after having work done on my exhaust. When I got that done, the bolts on the flared nipple clamps connecting the x-pipe to the cat pipes were not torqued to spec and eventually loosened up and started rattling at low RPMs. Since they had to drop my transmission to take care of the leak I figured they had loosened this up in order to get the x-pipe out of the way to make room to drop the transmission or something like that. No problem, I didn't want them messing with anything else and decided I would take care of it when I got the car home.

Well, when I crawled under the car to check things out and tighten those bolts after I finally got the car home today here is what I found... look at the bolts on the clamp on the x-pipe side of the flared nipples
Driver side

Passenger side

Wait, there is more... as I'm on the highway I noticed my shifter boot is looking pretty stretched out in 5th gear, what the heck. When I got home and took a closer look I noticed that the boot was pinched on the passenger side when they screwed the shifter back down...

I loosened the shifter knob and pulled the boot out but it left a couple of dimples and long mark as you can see below. Hopefully that will go away.

Oh well, I sure hope I don't need to go back there any time soon. Rant over time to go get a cold one and decompress. Thanks for reading.

Oh yeah, almost forgot. My oil level after the oil change, just barely over the lower hole on the dip stick. Now I'm really done.
Hey yellowrubiu,

Sorry to hear about this! I went ahead a documented this complaint in your file. You should also make sure to address it with your Customer Service Manager when he calls you back about your case.

Deysha

·
Registered
942 Posts
Why not call and talk to the service manager?

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
That's unacceptable. I would have been furious to find what you found. I might have went ahead and fixed the things myself as you did, but I would have went back and raised hell. Tell them to order you a new shift boot.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Sorry to hear about that bud. You definitely deserve that "cold one."

·
Registered
264 Posts
Yeah - It's seem like when you go into the dealer you just expect something to go wrong.

I almost like going to the dentist more than my Ford dealer.

Even worse sometimes they say theres nothing wrong with your car. Only to find the same things still wrong.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Yeah, I took mine in to have a scratch in the center console fixed (there at delivery) and a cracked passenger seat cover replaced. Well, they didn't want to replace the entire console (how a big piece of cheap ass plastic is $450 I'll never know) so instead wanted to airbrush it. Fine. So the guy air brushes out the scratches, looks absolutely perfect. Texture is a little rougher than oem but I figure I'm decent enough at wet sanding.

But then the doofus that replaced the seat cover scratched the ever loving **** out of the other side of the console while he was doing his impression of the samsonite ape.

Srsly people, learn to take some pride in your work.

·
Registered
209 Posts
My dealer is pretty bad to, they took my seat out to change air bag and scratched the plastic piece that goes all the way back around the back window its a pretty large piece. My new 2011 f150 went in for inspection [400 miles on it] and the dude had something in his back pocket and ripped the seat. Every time you bring it in you better look it over before ya leave.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Yes, you have to report this to the Service Mgr. I'm sure this is not an isolated case and if more people did this you might not have had to make this post.
Things like your experience drives me crazy. Especially when I take something apart at a later date and find out that they didn't put all the screws in, or didn't take care not to scratch/crack panels just because you could not see it. I'm very anal about checking things after the work has been done. I shouldn't have to, but things like this happen in most areas of repair work.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.