Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be driving in a straight line and at one moment the steering wheel will be straight and the next I'll have to hold the wheel to the side to get the car to go straight. It also scared the crap out of me on the way home last night when it jolted and pulled to one side...I almost hit the car next to me. What would cause the steering to be just fine one second then out of control and like a wild bronco the next?

·
Registered
552 Posts
i would go somewhere like firestone, they give you free inspection
just let them check everything

tie rods maybe.. hopefully something that easy

·
Registered
437 Posts
yeah could be a number of things tie rods, tie rod ends, ball joints

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i would go somewhere like firestone, they give you free inspection
just let them check everything

tie rods maybe.. hopefully something that easy
Thanks for the heads up on Firestone. I just called them and for $20 they are going to tell me why my brakes pulsate and why the front end is all over the place. I was going to order a bunch of parts tonight and now I think I'll wait until Wednesday.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I just got back from firestone and they said the front end will grab to one side because my tires are worn. They said nothing was loose......but you can grab my steering wheel and feel play. I'm so lost.

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
Unless your rack is totally worn out.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unless your rack is totally worn out.

I asked them that and they said it was ok. I think they were more interested in just driving my car then they were in actually trying to figure out what is wrong with it.

·
Registered
651 Posts
So I just got back from firestone and they said the front end will grab to one side because my tires are worn. They said nothing was loose......but you can grab my steering wheel and feel play. I'm so lost.
Well of course they are gona say worn tires, tires is what they do best. I would take it to another shop like a midas or monro. Also if it is worn tires then you should be able to confirm this by looking at them.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well of course they are gona say worn tires, tires is what they do best. I would take it to another shop like a midas or monro. Also if it is worn tires then you should be able to confirm this by looking at them.

Yeah, they are worn, not to the point of replacement.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.