Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I have a red 2001 Mustang GT premium coupe. This past August, I noticed that the paint on the top surface of my rear wing is showing signs of fading. I have always kept the car clean and waxed, but it is not garage-kept. The paint and clear coat are all original. The wing still shines when I wax it, but the underlying paint is turning white-ish. Isn't this way too early for factory paint to be doing this? I previously had a 1985 GT whose paint didn't start fading until it was 10 years old (also not garage-kept). Do I have a case to go to Ford with this? Have others encountered this problem? I don't want to paint. What should I do? Any advice would be great.

I have read through this forum a little and see a post yesterday for oxidized paint - I guess that *might* be what's happening to my paint, but I wax it religiously. It looks more faded to me. Perhaps gears4554 or others have some pointers??
-Sam

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, Teeto. I did get the car used with 11k miles on it. I guess there's a chance it was painted. I'll snap a couple pics tomorrow and post them. So the UV can actually eat away the clear??

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.