Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see in the specs page, for the Mustang, that the GT is 1/10 of an inch wider than the 6-cylinder.

Ummm, why?

·
Registered
599 Posts
Tire size.

·
Registered
255 Posts
What specs page were you looking at?
All the specs I found said the overall width (73.9") was the same, but the tread width on the GT (62.3"-front, 62.5"-rear) was actually smaller than the V6 (62.8"-front, 63.0"-rear) by 1/2".

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mine was a guess.:sosad:

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
It's because the GT has a set and the V6's don't :shocked:

·
Registered
98 Posts
pcfrisch said:
It's because the GT has a set and the V6's don't :shocked:
Oh Great Lord and Master!!:worship How didst those of us with a V6 ever fall into that folly? Why oh why were we so craven and unwilling to listen to thou and thine wisdom?

Whatever, dude.:cool: If "GT" has to be on my car in order for me to feel like a man I got bigger problems I need to deal with.

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
DrDoom said:
Oh Great Lord and Master!!:worship How didst those of us with a V6 ever fall into that folly? Why oh why were we so craven and unwilling to listen to thou and thine wisdom?

Whatever, dude.:cool: If "GT" has to be on my car in order for me to feel like a man I got bigger problems I need to deal with.
Settle down there DrDoom, :smoke: it was just meant as a joke, :eyepoppin
Thou shalt not be so sensitive, I actually like the front end better on a v6, there, feel better now? :eyebulge:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yeah, yeah...

pcfrisch said:
Settle down there DrDoom, :smoke: it was just meant as a joke, :eyepoppin
Thou shalt not be so sensitive, I actually like the front end better on a v6, there, feel better now? :eyebulge:
...couldn't resist poking back, but I definitely don't wanna start THAT argument up!:winks
Besides, I WON my pony Jessica, so V6 was fine with me!
She was free!!!!:drool:

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
829 Posts
Hahahaha! Here we go again!

Ah... I feel nothing knowing it, But I KNOW my two GT's feel better having them....

DrDoom said:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Fine, fine.

Gig4Fun said:
Ah... I feel nothing knowing it, But I KNOW my two GT's feel better having them....
There can be know question, they are more powerful cars, and having one would have been nice.
HOWEVER...
See my previous post.
FREE, Brother! FREEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:
Couldn't argue with that!

·
Registered
829 Posts
I "herd" ya...

Oh I didn't miss that at all. Me thinks thou shouldst head it to the dealer and unload it for a new Stud. Coax the little thing down there with a sugar cube if you need to...

Sweet...a free trade in is all I am hearing ....

DrDoom said:
There can be know question, they are more powerful cars, and having one would have been nice.
HOWEVER...
See my previous post.
FREE, Brother! FREEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:
Couldn't argue with that!

·
Registered
829 Posts
DrDoom, I enjoy the kidding but really am proud of any Mustang. Don't take me seriously ...I just always love to jump in when this stuff starts.

Sure nice to get one free! nice... wow...

I am just funning with you so enjoy the banter and wit. It is for fun.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Actually...

Gig4Fun said:
DrDoom, I enjoy the kidding but really am proud of any Mustang. Don't take me seriously ...I just always love to jump in when this stuff starts.

...I could have gone GT, and paid the extra myself, but after two years of $440.00 a month payments on my last vehicle (don't ask:sterb: ) all I kept seeing was a little thought balloon that said "Nooooo...mooooore...paaaayments!":eyebulge:
That was all it took to decide the issue for me. It's not that I couldn't afford the payments ($440.00 a month for the last two years PROVED I could) it just sounded REALLY nice to not HAVE to.
Of course, given the fact that I'll eventually have to buy a new car, and assuming the model of 'stang that's out that year appeals to me, I'll probably go GT next time.
Maybe.

·
Registered
98 Posts
On an unrelated note...

Gig4Fun said:

...I went with the Shaker 500. Are you glad you went with the 1000? The only reason I ask is that my dealer agreed to upgrade me free after a few weeks if I wasn't happy, but truthfully, I am. I just really don't need "more power" in my stereo. Anything else worthwhile on the 1000 that the 500 doesn't have?
I'm actually considering taking the whole thing out and putting in a Pioneer Avic GPS unit that one of my employees is selling. I won a GPS with the car too, but it was a Magellan Roadmate 760, and having that big, ole thing on my dash was NOT my idea of cool. However, I really liked the GPS part, and an in-dash setup is very appealing.
What do you think?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts