Ford Mustang Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Never had a problem at 5'5.

As a matter of fact, an added bonus to my predicament is the fact that, I can always pull one of a million phone numbers from the bottom of my seat any time I am driving...
:evilchuck :evilchuck

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
5twenty said:
That's the solution!!! I thought you meant unbolting or unscrewing the mirror and turning it over. You just meant rotate the mirror on it's mount!! Duh!

Now the mirror is where it should be (for me) and I'm not constantly trying to look around it.

:bounce2: Thanks, JetBlack!!
No problem :) I like it better that way. It actually seems to fit the dome-light box better, upside down.

Ford never consults me.

I always wanted to make a little mirror periscope, for my truck, so when it's loaded down with firewood or whatever, I could look at the mirror location and it would really be a wide, periscope that looked up over the top of the rig. But nowadays, for about $60 I could just order an all-weather camera from Harbor Freight Tools and mount the camera under my rear bumper and put a "Pimp My Ride" monitor on the dash. Pretty blingy for taking garbage to the landfill though.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
5twenty said:
Does anyone else think the mirror is mouted way too low? Granted, I'm pretty tall, but geez, it seems like it's in the middle of the windshield. Yesterday, I almost got into a wreck because it totally covered up a car I didn't know was there.

Does anyone have any experience moving the rear view mirror or remounting it? I need to make mine much higher.
Same has happened to me several times, especially when I'm at a stop sign and a car is stopped to my right. Almost t-boned several cars. I don't like my seat reclined much. I'm 6'2". I guess I just have to remember to be extra careful.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts