Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i've only had my 2011 GT for about a week and a half now. I've always had nice, fast, good looking cars that usually draw more attention than most. I've had people mess with all of them at some point because people are jealous or just plain ignorant. Either way they p*ss me off! I work in downtown Pittsburgh and usually park in parking garages and they have little "nooks" that fit 2 cars very comfortably all throughout the garage. I will not park close to people for fear of them hitting the car because they just don't care. So I park my car yesterday morning around 715am...then I come back to my car at about 415pm. It's pretty much 99% business people that park in this garage during these hours so I don't normally worry all that much. Well i'm walking back to my car and as I turn the corner I see a bright orange construction cone sitting on top of my roof!!! I thought I was seeing things, but sure enough I wasn't. Some a$$h*le literally took the time to see my car, look for a cone, and put it on there. I mean come on, really?? It even took a small little chunk out of my OTT black stripe on my car. Why can't people just leave our cars alone? It makes me not even want to leave my friggin garage sometimes!

How many of you have had people mess with your car?

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
This is in the same spirit as my old (very old thread) "A picture is worth a thousand (cuss) words".

Who knows why people do what they do but i agree with your sentiments wholeheartedly. No i am sure 20 people will come in and defend the guy stating you shouldnt have been parked on the end because some maintenance crew probably needed to set there equipment there and thats why he placed the cone (or some such non-sense to make "YOU" out to be the bad guy here).

Fact is...people mess with nice cars..especially mustangs. I would never behave like that but what are you going to do? (Mine has only left my garage for about 2 hours a week/once a week for the last 3+months). I got SICK of the BS people do...

·
Registered
359 Posts
I admit that I am a little paranoid about it myself. General decency has escaped more and more people. It never even crosses my mind to mess with someone's car because vandalism, littering, etc. is anathema to me.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Some little jerk kids a block from my house shot mine with a bb gun while I drove down the road... I still had paper tags on it.. Hows that for douchebags??

People suck and so do their offspring..

·
Registered
631 Posts
Yeah, I could rattle off a laundry list of dumb things I've seen people do in my prescence. I never had this problem with the beater Civic I had before. It sucks.

I have a feeling this is the last nice, new car I'm going to have for a while. I'd rather just buy a nice beater that I don't have to worry about and garage the 'stang.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Wow. This is insane. People are idiots! Sorry to hear about your stripe.

I hate having to park my car at the train station where I get on and take to down town Chicago. I hate walking away from it and leaving it there for 10 hours.

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Sorry yo hear that, idiots, Yeah and if you happen to put a cover on it, its like leaving a sign saying hey something nice under here you can mess with, People have no morals or common courtesy anymore!!!

·
Registered
946 Posts
I don't know man, this instance seems so freaking minor to complain about. I personally would just remove the cone and go about my business, probably forgetting about it by the time I got home.

Complain when someone puts a nice, deep 6-inch scratch into the side of your car. Complain when you come out to your car and see the one or more body panels smashed in and there are no other cars around--this happened twice to me. No offense but you're really getting all worked up by a cone that some asshat put on your car that created very little damage?

How about the guy who backed into my car (not a mustang) with a flatbed 2 weeks ago who claimed to not see it? I still don't have the car back, it's my trade-in for my mustang that's should be built at some point in the next couple of weeks, and it caused $8k in damage. And last I heard, some of the parts are back-ordered. Sooooooo, yeah, my car is a mess and my ability to purchase my mustang may potentially be in jeopardy if my current car isn't 100% by the time the stang shows up to the dealer.

People suck. Whenever you take ANY car in public, especially something that you drive daily it's part of the deal that at some point in time you will probably run into some jerkoff not paying attention morons or people who may be jealous or dislike your car and want to let you know about it. It sucks, but there's a reason why some people drive beaters on a daily basis and have their nicer car on the weekend.

My advice: Save the anger and venom for a time when something serious actually happens to your car. But hopefully it never does.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
I don't know man, this instance seems so freaking minor to complain about. I personally would just remove the cone and go about my business, probably forgetting about it by the time I got home.

Complain when someone puts a nice, deep 6-inch scratch into the side of your car. Complain when you come out to your car and see the one or more body panels smashed in and there are no other cars around--this happened twice to me. No offense but you're really getting all worked up by a cone that some asshat put on your car that created very little damage?

How about the guy who backed into my car (not a mustang) with a flatbed 2 weeks ago who claimed to not see it? I still don't have the car back, it's my trade-in for my mustang that's should be built at some point in the next couple of weeks, and it caused $8k in damage. And last I heard, some of the parts are back-ordered. Sooooooo, yeah, my car is a mess and my ability to purchase my mustang may potentially be in jeopardy if my current car isn't 100% by the time the stang shows up to the dealer.

People suck. Whenever you take ANY car in public, especially something that you drive daily it's part of the deal that at some point in time you will probably run into some jerkoff not paying attention morons or people who may be jealous or dislike your car and want to let you know about it. It sucks, but there's a reason why some people drive beaters on a daily basis and have their nicer car on the weekend.

My advice: Save the anger and venom for a time when something serious actually happens to your car. But hopefully it never does.
I think thats totally valid but if you have ever had "close" actually become a soft ball size dent or a smashed bumper...its hard not to have an a$$ clinching experience and get pissed every time someone else gets "close" in the future..not because they actually damaged it but because they almost did and you are full well aware of how fine a line there actually is between "close" and "dented"...in my experience the difference between the two is an inch or less.

So....looking at it that way..his reaction makes total sense.

·
Registered
361 Posts
got to love them put gum under my door handle ... i was very pissed
sounds like the Jersey Shore mentality since you are in Toms River and all lol :p

·
Registered
300 Posts
Musta been a pissed off 2010 slomaro owner.. No Ford guy woulda ever done such...

·
Registered
12,666 Posts
I pray i never catch someone in the middle of messing with my car. All i'd have to say is there will be a blank in memory because i'll be that ticked off at the guy lol.

But generally its a guy with a POS car cause a fellow stanger wouldn't do that.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I had a Camaro owner honk in approval of my car the other day. I honestly think fellow muscle car owners are friendly to each other; so, I wouldn't suspect them. It's usually people driving crap cars that are jealous who do that kind of stuff...and most of those are usually teenagers who haven't had to work for anything before and don't understand the personal investment we put into our vehicles.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I had a Camaro owner honk in approval of my car the other day. I honestly think fellow muscle car owners are friendly to each other; so, I wouldn't suspect them. It's usually people driving crap cars that are jealous who do that kind of stuff...and most of those are usually teenagers who haven't had to work for anything before and don't understand the personal investment we put into our vehicles.
Those darn yugo drivers.. Is that a big enough POS?

·
Registered
349 Posts
You didn't park in the middle of 2 spaces did you ? That's just asking for it . I thought alot of those public garages had video camera's . Worth a look .

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
honestly it doesnt matter how minor or major it is..it always pisses off when someone does something to another person's car..take that jealousy and keep it to yourself..or shove it up your a$$!! no homo

·
Registered
6,803 Posts
No i am sure 20 people will come in and defend the guy stating you shouldnt have been parked on the end because some maintenance crew probably needed to set there equipment there and thats why he placed the cone (or some such non-sense to make "YOU" out to be the bad guy here).
BIG difference between almost touching your car and actually touching it.

If anyone here makes you out to be the bad guy for someone esle placing a cone on your car, then they have a bit of a psychological problem. You are clearly within your rights to be upset over this situation. However, don't make that cone out to be your own personal dunce cap, assuming other 'Stangers here will down you for something that really amounts to an intentional form of vandalism, as it did result in some very minor damage to your car. Not your fault at all. But then it's not the fault of others for responding with common sense opinions. Common sense here says to see whether there are video surveillance tapes, and whether someone will be willing to view them and report the culprit if he's on there. Otherwise, what can you do? Have your insurance cover the stripe damage, chalk it up to the world we live in and move on.

·
Registered
125 Posts
This may sound absurd but let the car get a little dirty. On one of my drives home from work, i had to drive through thick fog. The Fog caused some condinsation to build up on my hood and side panels and as i drove the moisture ran off and created little black steaks and spots as it picked up some of the un seen layer of dust on the panels.

For some reason when my car is dirty like this people dont seem to get much of a rise at seeing it as they do when its clean. Once it clean again however, people do everyting in their power to pass me even when im cursing at 80 MPH when the speed limit is 65 on highway 101 in cali.

So, dirty 2011 Mustang on the highway, everyone gets out of the way and moves to the right lane to let you pass.

Spotless, sun reflecting off panels 2011 Mustang on the highway and everyone has to try to be faster v.v;

Thats just from my exp from my commute home from work.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Of course....there is always a chance the person was so stupid that they thought it was actually funny and it never even occured to them it might damage your car.

I had some renters living in the house next door and they told the owner they have left the house in "great condition". ....all of the walls hand huge holes in them, the windows had been taken out, the air conditioner was broken, and the carpet was ripped up and stained with bleach stain and dog piss.

Now here is the part that will make you go "huh??". They ACTUALLY thought that was "great shape". They were such low life (section 8 housing/food stamp types) that they actually BELIEVED that condition was "grade A" condition... Perception is EVERYTHING HUH?

To someone like that..a "scuff" on the roof of the car doesnt even count as "damage"...damage would be have the front end ripped off and a scuff is a non issue (to them)....yes there are people like this. Ameria the ghetto...i am actually considering Sydney Austrialia if you want to know the truth..

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.