Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was driving to the gym the other day and i punched it, as i was switching gears i snapped my clutch cable. I managed to limp my car home. I was going to order a new clutch cable on LRS but opted to get one at oReilly/kragen cause i needed the car for work this weekend. Only thing was that it wasnt adjustable but it seemed to work just fine.....for the first 30 miles. I drove to work and back, to my gfs house and back home. I felt my clutch getting looser and looser. I got home and checked out the clutch cable. It looked like it streched out a good 2 inches but then i looked closesly at the cable and the metal threads started coming out one by one. I guess this isnt why you buy cheap no name brand cables. Took it back and got my money back. But its just lesson learned.

heres a pic

Attachments

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Probably made in China. I've heard they buy up Honda engines, take them apart and use them as the master molds for the engines that they sell to us for lawn mowers and stuff. Metallurgy? What's that?

·
Registered
477 Posts
kragens always comes thru in the clutch!

DOH!

·
Registered
428 Posts
yeah i got one too and it lasted 3 miles before my headers melted all the way through. Got a ford racing cable and wrapped it with fiberglass header wrap..done deal

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
The OEM cable is the best and I also wrapped it with self-adhesive heat wrap. I also routed it away from the LT headers and lubed it before I installed it. My Spec Stage 2+ is actually just a hair harder than stock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts