Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up everyone, I'm currently driving a 2006 bmw 325i and I am not happy at all, the maintenance cost of this car is ridiculous. Very unreliable for me. I'm looking to switch to an American car, and I'm split between 2012 mustang v6 premium vs 2012 dodge challenger sxt. I'm interested in the V6 only because I'm a college student and I cannot afford the gas prices that the V8 will cost me at this time. I absolutely love the look of the challenger but I love the performance of the mustang, this is why I'm split between the two.

I'm looking for the best commuter car, comfort, reliability, cheap to maintain, and power. The 215hp bmw just wasn't enough for me I want something faster but still affordable. Boiling down to the final question, why get a mustang? What makes a mustang better than the challenger? Also, can anyone expand on the exploding driveshaft problem, does it exists in the 2012? What's the top speed I can go at without endangering the driveshaft?

·
Premium Member
6,074 Posts
Welcome to AFM!!

I see you have already posted you question where it belongs in the 2011+ Talk forum, so I'll leave this intro right here for ya :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
10,410 Posts
Welcome to AFM!!!

Each have their specific merits and shortcomings, but ultimately only you can decide. I suggest a back to back test drive, then another back to back test drive just to make sure you didn't miss anything.

If your a specs kind of guy, then maybe this will help.

2014 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M) vs Dodge Challenger Coupe ...

All that being said . . . Go For The Stang! happy.gif

·
Boss Member
4,627 Posts
Welcome to the site. Also is the "cool" factor. How many 20+ year old or older Dodge's have a following like a Mustang. But it all boils down to likes and needs. Maurice

1 - 5 of 5 Posts