Ford Mustang Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
First time I heard the P-zero referred to as a starter tire. It is reputed to be a quality tire. What do you suggest is a longer life/higher quality all season?
I agree that it is a quality tire. They are very sticky when new, but since those tires are made with relatively soft rubber (which is why they are nice and sticky,) I only get 9K to 14K miles out of a set, depending on how much canyon driving I do. (That's why I congratulated you.)

I'm not suggesting any tire to anyone. Everybody drives differently and has different needs. The Hankooks I replaced my Pirelli's with only have a 200 treadwear rating, so they'll need replacing soon too. Tires with higher treadware ratings, like 500, will be more expensive, but might be a better value.

I have not yet tried Michelin SuperSports, but it sounds like a lot of people on this forum like them a lot.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Let's see. New ring and pinion and related bearings (problems are back but haven't gone to the dealer yet), lower control arms replaced, shaky driver side rear view mirror (dealer claims ford won't warranty the fix), random rattles in the passenger door that I fixed, passenger seat pleats are coming up.
Car is a blast to drive. Sounds amazing and I still get lots of compliments. All these issues, small and large, on top of having to debate with the dealer every time I've gone in will probably keep me from buying another ford; at least as a daily driver.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Having a list of problems with my 2011 mustang v6 prem. When I pick up the car new after leaving the dealer my power seat failed started making noise then stop working. Not a problem with the dealer they fixed it, new seat track. Then I started having problems with automatic trans, until they finally solved the problem as bad relays in the trans. After that the leather on seats started to wear, they had to replace the leather top and bottom. When my battery started leaking acid on the garage floor I got really concerned. They had to replace the battery and cable. Just last weekend the power seat failed on the passenger side and the hill decline button on the trans stop working. I also had a noise in the rear end that sounded like a bad bearing but told me my tires are the problem. I do not think I should be having this many problems with just 28835 miles on the car. Anybody else having this many problems?
Gee you make it sound like the car is having complete melt down

·
Registered
69 Posts
I wonder if the leaky battery was cause or symptom for all your electrical problems...if the car was running on too low of voltage and stressing or constantly resetting the computers. Electrical problems are the worst.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Ok thank you just brought the car in for oil change today, the car is garage kept but we just discovered that the paint on the hood is bubbling up like its rusting on the car. I am hope Ford will fix this problem.

F

·
0 Posts
Ok thank you just brought the car in for oil change today, the car is garage kept but we just discovered that the paint on the hood is bubbling up like its rusting on the car. I am hope Ford will fix this problem.
Your service manager is in the best position to look into this for you, JRizzo. He will be able to provide available options and/or coverage for any work needed.

Deysha

21 - 26 of 26 Posts