Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Twister said:
FORD HAS NEVER CALLED IT A 64 1/2!!! I will bet you pink slips that you can not find ANY 1964 Mustang part number in ANY Ford book. hell, I worked in a Mustang shop where you would get fired for calling ANY Mustang, even a first day car, a 64 1/2
i dont know, i found this, i recieved it through an E-mail that i e-mailed to ford motor company.... now give me your car twister (jk)

http://www.mustangownersofca.org/Members_ponies/bobf/1st_mustang_story_page1.html

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'd read that article again, it was written by Bob Fria, mustang Owner, trying to prove his car was the first production car. No where in that article do I read where Ford definitively states it made a 1964 1/2, and the VIN's in that read also point ot the fact that no mustang had a VIN for 1964, since the 2 supposed first mustangs built are both tagged as 1965 models. I dont think this proves anything other than that there were no official 1964 mustangs. In fact that "first mustang built" is labeled as a 1965 model year.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
oh, well, i thought it was true, thanks for the info

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Regardless, back to my original point. It would have been nice to introduce the redesigned Mustang for the 40th anniversary. PERIOD.

Funny how the '92 Camaro was the 25th Anniversary, whereas the Mustang's 25th Anniversary was '89. GM must be counting their years wrong. I'll bet you the Anniversary's falling on 'x4 and 'x9 is Ford's subliminal acknowledgement of the 64 1/2 Mustang. While it's not stamped into a VIN, it's good enough to be unofficial.

This argument is about as stupid as 2000 versus 2001 being the first year of the millenium. Since the years are based on when the Christ was born, that's like saying he was 1 year old the second he was born, lmao.

***** :evillol:

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
adam, i would edit all those spaces before one of the admin's do for you

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Another point, say you get married December 1st, 2003 does that mean you celebrate your second anniversary December 1st, 2004?

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
no, because you have to wait a full year, because technically you have only been married for like a certain amount of hours on december 1, 2003

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
how about.....you fix my car! lol jk

·
Registered
152 Posts
wow, talk about thick heads.

we are not talking bout YEARS, we are talking about Production model cars.

1965 was the 1st model, not the 0th model.

that is why 2004 was the 40th anniversary, that was the 40th MODEL mustang they made, not the 40th full year they had been making mustangs.

Its basic math guys, trying counting again, I did make a post to show you how simple it is.

·
Banned
4,476 Posts
Jimbo12 said:
i dont know, i found this, i recieved it through an E-mail that i e-mailed to ford motor company.... now give me your car twister (jk)

http://www.mustangownersofca.org/Members_ponies/bobf/1st_mustang_story_page1.html
that idiot again? he got slapped hard by Ford for claiming to own the VERY first Mustang, after Ford in 1966 paid good money to an airline pilot to get the first one back to put into the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn, MI
Adam94GT said:
Another point, say you get married December 1st, 2003 does that mean you celebrate your second anniversary December 1st, 2004?
depends....the IRS considers it one year. If you got married at 11:59PM on New Years Eve you can claim it for that year
Merged two consecutive posts.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.