Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Why we like the 2005 better than the 2010...

1K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  daboyho50 
#1 ·
There was a time when great songwriters like Carole King and Laura Nyro were thought of as not having good enough voices to be professional singers, so they pitched their songs to record producers like Quincy Jones and Phil Spector, who would pay for the ones they thought could be hits for recording artists with whom they worked. After she got out of school one Friday afternoon in 1963, Quincy had Lesley Gore record It's My Party, a song a trio of songwriters had just pitched to him. Then he went to a music industry party that same evening, where Phil Spector told him about a great song that he had just had The Crystals record as the follow-up to their number one hit He's A Rebel. The song was It's My Party. Quincy left the party early and went back to the studio, where he spent the night pressing 45rpm demo copies of Lesley Gore's version of It's My Party. He mailed the demo copies out to radio stations on the East Coast the next morning, in order to get it played on the air before the Crystals' version came out. Lesley's version went to number one on the charts, and Phil Spector realized Quincy had beaten him to the punch and instead released the Crystals' Da Doo Ron Ron, which made it to number three. Things tend to even out, though, as years later The 5th Dimension got a number one hit out of Laura Nyro's composition Wedding Bell Blues, that was about to also be released by Lesley Gore. If the public likes and accepts the first version they hear of a song, any subsequent versions are heard as different and therefore not as good as the original version (even when the same song has been re-recorded by the original artist).

Similarly, if the public likes and accepts the styling of a car design such as the 2005 S197 Mustang, the restyling that follows will be compared to the earlier version and criticized if too different.

See less See more
#2 ·
Wait, :headscratch: who were all those people you were talking about? :gringreen I wasn't sure where you were going with that story when I started reading it.

#3 ·
meh i like the 05's better.

the 10's look sharp..just to modern to be musle to me

#4 ·
I love the 05. I don't love the 05 v6 without the foglights, that space is too empty.

I love the 2010. More power is come, how can this be bad?

But then...

I loved the 04, and before.

I loved the 70's too, even when blue.

I loved the 60's more, from door to floor.

All in all, I guess what I'll say, Is I love Mustangs, from the past AND Today.:gringreen:bigthumbsup:hihi:

I need some coffee~!:happyhapp

#6 ·
2010 Ford Mustang: Design, Dissected

Screw the 2010, I want a 2011 with the 2005 skin. Is that too much to ask?

I love the 05. I don't love the 05 v6 without the foglights, that space is too empty.
The 2010 V6 looks ridiculous with that grin on its face too. Glad I'm not the only one. And I didn't know the 4.0L was such a dog until I had one as a loaner.

Attachments

#5 ·
I like the '05 better than the '10. They're starting to look too "modern".

Has anyone else had a problem with the check engine light coming on? The code indicates gas tank problem. My gas light comes on and my needle goes to E even though I have a full tank. Then after driving for awhile, gas light goes off and needle goes back up to full. Just to bring it to the dealer will cost $85, thought I'd check here to see if it was a common problem first.

Thanks!

#8 ·
i agree with jeb and snack, i love ALL mustangs i won a fox and an s197 and i hope to one day own an 04 cobra and a 67 gt500 (yeah right, but hey, i can dream!)

i have seen the new mustang in person. i saw two driving down the street, and i saw 4 of them at the auto show. i must say, the new GT's and gt500's are a thing of beauty. if i had to choose between my 07 and a 2010, i would keep my 07, but in a few years, when the 2012 or so comes out, i would pick it up. the new mustangs look so sharp, and so aggressive i cant wait to test drive one!

#9 ·
Sorry, I don't really like the title of this thread, especially the "We" part. There are differences in all generations of the Mustang, some good, some not so good.
You can't just keep one design forever. That is what makes them so unique.

#11 ·
I don't like the title of this thread, especially the "we" part.
"We" was used here in the collective sense, referring to the opinions of many people grouped together, but does not require unanimity and still allows for individual dissenting views (like yours, apparently). I have read numerous posts on AFM by members who prefer the '05 to '09 Mustang GT body styling over the new 2010 design, so I felt the collective "we" was appropriate in this case.

However, this was not meant to be a post about whether anyone thinks either design is better. Other threads have adequately covered that already. This thread is about why a majority of people have expressed a preference for the '05 styling over the 2010.

Once anyone sees and likes a car design, or hears and likes a song recording, without even realizing it they have become attached to it and thereafter use it as the standard to which other versions of it are compared. In my inital post in this thread, I used an accurate example from the music industry to explain and illustrate this phenomenon.

#10 ·
For me they didn't fix the things I didn't like about the 05's and added some strange angles to the back end. I kinda like the front end better but the headlights still look sad not aggressive. They should have brought back t-tops.

#12 ·
yea to modern.

my engine lights on too but for catalyst deffeciency

now id like to see the new trans am, and get one to roll behind my 77 ta

but i have a feeling gm wont get that far

#14 ·
Wow just when you think you know somebody they get all metaphorical on you. And I completely agree. When the next body style change comes with the 50th Anniversary edition, people will say, oh that's different and it doesn't look like the ones do now. It's a vicious cycle.

#15 ·
A good recording industry primer story.

I like my '08 best because it is almost paid off!

Frank

#16 ·
I like the 2005 over the 2010.I like the look of my "empty space" grill on my V6 and my V6 IS NOT A DOG!!!:nono: Didn't know this was a bash the V6 thread.But each to their own opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.