Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Mustang

YouTube - SRT-4 Accident

I don't think i need to add anything else..
Where does the Mustang connection come in? A semi can also hit you even if you are driving normally, a drunk driver can smash into you, only GOD knows when it's your time, we all buy Mustangs to go fast, and all of us being adults are very carefull, I personally think it is the OTHER drivers you have to worry about.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Just curious

2004 Mustang GT 5spd: Pypes O/R X Pipe, AM SRI, BBK Throttle Intake, SCT Custom Tune.:bigthumbsup
2006 Maserati Gransport Spyder...you got all these mods to go slow???:thankyou

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i dont street race. theres a difference. eventually im going to the track. also.. those mods i have done to sound good.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where does the Mustang connection come in? A semi can also hit you even if you are driving normally, a drunk driver can smash into you, only GOD knows when it's your time, we all buy Mustangs to go fast, and all of us being adults are very carefull, I personally think it is the OTHER drivers you have to worry about.
you dont need a mustang to crash.. you only need a engine and 4 wheels.

·
Registered
507 Posts

Yep you can do everything right and still have some unforeseen event happen. In my area they seem to hand out licenses in cracker jack boxes! I'm more worried about the people talking on their phones, yelling at their kids, and generally not paying any attention to their surroundings. When I **** around I do it when no one is around and then I'm very cautious. I don't need any tickets, wrecks, or..... blood on my hands.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
The point wasn't about what type of car crashed. Mustangs are just as vulnerable to crashes as any other type of vehicle. So the Mustang connects to this video based on the fact that it's a car.

And yes God knows our time, but we don't. So there's no reason to do anything to increase the odds, right? :D You wouldn't put a gun to your head and say "well only God knows if this is my time"

Not everyone buys a Mustang to go fast. Just ask Gary Paul (member on here). His Mustangs sit in his garage and never get driven. It's a vehicle made to be enjoyed, not always driven like a maniac in an irresponsible manner. There's nothing wrong with going fast as long as you're doing it in a controlled environment (i.e. track) where you don't have the ability to harm innocent people.

And yes you're also right about the other drivers, but what if you end up becoming the "other" driver. Suppose someone else is driving perfectly but you mess up? Then you are the "other guy" that harms an innocent person. It's just better and smarter and wiser to drive responsibly on PUBLIC roads that are used by everyone. If you want to race and drive crazy, take it to the track.

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
True, but the fact remains he put himself into that situation. It wasn't caused by the "other guy".

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
ive seen this video before its a reason to not race...but also a reason to look out for others

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
I have seen this one as well. Another good video for kids to watch.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I'm more worried about the people talking on their phones, yelling at their kids, and generally not paying any attention to their surroundings.
+1000
There's also those who eat, drink, read, change clothes, comb their hair, shave, apply makeup, reach for items under the seat and in the back seat, drive drunk, and text message(this has been shown to be much more dangerous than any other driving distraction).
The other day I noted how many drivers were distracted during a 15 mile drive on a busy street in my area. Talking on phone-22, text messaging-12, eating-5, drinking-5, reading-3, combing hair-2, makeup-1. Now that scares me! BTW, street racing-0.
Let's keep things in perspective.

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
+1000
There's also those who eat, drink, read, change clothes, comb their hair, shave, apply makeup, reach for items under the seat and in the back seat, drive drunk, and text message(this has been shown to be much more dangerous than any other driving distraction).
The other day I noted how many drivers were distracted during a 15 mile drive on a busy street in my area. Talking on phone-22, text messaging-12, eating-5, drinking-5, reading-3, combing hair-2, makeup-1. Now that scares me! BTW, street racing-0.
Let's keep things in perspective.
Wow what did you do have a pad of paper and a pen taking notes. I drive for a living and I do not think I see that much in a month. All but the talking on the cell phones. I do see a lot of that.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Wow what did you do have a pad of paper and a pen taking notes.
Yep.
When this forum started getting a lot of anti-street racing preachers, I decided to see exactly what type of drivers are out there who are likely to cause accidents due to distractions, racing, etc. The stats speak for themselves. BTW, the street I traveled is extremely busy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.