Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys i will be purchasing my first mustang in the next couple of days. and i was just wanting to know what would be the widest wheels i could fit on the v6? like could i have a 18x8.5,18x9 or maybe 19" or 20" in the front. and 18x 10 in the back? would that be possible because i love that look. i would love to make my v6 look and sit like this one! Please help me out guys! thanks!!!
YouTube - ‪2011 Mustang GT Borla Exhaust‬‏

·
Registered
670 Posts
18x9 in front and 18x10 in back and u'll be set... if u can get deep dish sets it off even more

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So the 18x9s in the fron and 18x10s in the rear will fit just fine? what tire sizes do you suggest? and would they throw my speedo off any?

·
Registered
670 Posts
i didn't do a lot of research on max sizes because i lowered my ride but minimum from 255/45 and minimum rear 285/40. shouldn't throw the speedo off by too much. try this site, it really helps...

Tire Size Calculator - tire & wheel plus sizing

·
Registered
670 Posts
no problem, anytime

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
There are people runnung 10s all around and even saw a GT thread about using 10.5s in front. The manufacturer says 9.5s are fine. I'm running the stock 19's and it's the perfect looking size, IMO.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
895 Posts
I think i'm going to go with 18x9 for the front and 18x10 for the rears. might have to stick with the P-Zeros until I can afford new tires.

·
Registered
203 Posts
since you had 18x9.5s all around how much more room did you have on the rear? you think you can fit a 18x10 wheel back there?
! i am sure you can fit a 10 without a problem in the rear (re even a 11)!
my mach 1 i run 17x11 wheels in the rear :yup: the car is 2inch's lower ... :D no problem (no rubbing)!!!!!only issue cant get over the big speed bumps:nogrinner or i will be stuck :heha:

·
Registered
381 Posts
10's are np

9.5 in front for sure / 10 maybe if you have the right offset and right tire.

rear up to an 11

·
Registered
6,803 Posts
There's a GT owner running 11's on the rear of his ride. He says 12's will fit if the shock boots are removed. I have no idea whether the V6's are the same, but I would suspect they are.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey guys thanks so much for all your help! i think im going to pick up my v6 tomorrow and i have put some more thought into it and i think 19s with a 40 series or 30 series tire would look alot better!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
true but easy fix!!!
get some roush sterring rack stoppers 15bucks form american muscle!
takes you about 20min to install with no know how!!! no more rubbing at full tilt:bigthumbsup
so if i did get the 18x9 in the front and 18x10 in the back what tire size would yal run up front and in the rear?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts