Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not really sure if its a problem ive never seen it before i have a 1989 mustang lx 5.0 . today i had the hood up and touched the coil wire and it started arcing on my hand but it wasnt shocking me i thought a bad spot on the wire but you can run your hand up and down the wire and it does it every wear on the coil wire my car runs fine besides the idle going up and down sometimes just wonderin if any one else has seen this before. and its got msd wires if thats makes a difference

·
Registered
373 Posts
change out the wire, it should not spark out like that at all. it also explains the updown idle. check under the hood at night, you;ll probably see sparks. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
87 Posts
And that unstable idle could also be your IAC going south. You can take it off and clean it, but its a pain in the arse. Last time I just bought a new one. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just got through changing that coil wire my buddy had one layin around then i noticed on the number 4 wire had a bad spot on it after it gave me a jolt. so im gonna run and grab a new set of wires thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
this is kinda off topic but does any one no of a store i can buy cabernet red paint in a spray can i looked at all the auto parts stores. i read somewhere that you can order it online but i cant find it now

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.