Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when I'm at idle at a stop light, I get this weird noise that seems to be coming from under the car. It sounds like a stone in a plastic bottle. It goes away when I'm drivinng or the car is moving in any way but it periodically comes back when the car is sitting there and idling. Any ideas what this might be? It's more of a nuisance right now more than anything...even though my car has been feeling a bit sluggish...but that could be just me to.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Hmmm...

There's probably a little stone stuck inside of a plastic bottle inside of your cats...lol Just like you said.

lol...Yeah, get some hi-flow cats from Magnaflows...94106. OBDII Compliant...Works GOOOOOOOOOOOD!

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
aww poop....more exhaust work!!! I just got the rear half of it done. Yes...hi-flow cats it will be then. Thank you ALL!!

Does borla make hi-flow cats?

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How many do I need 4? Do they only come in the magnaflow flavor? lol
And how will they affect the sound?

·
Registered
770 Posts
I've only looked at two brands: MagnaFlow and Pypes.

You should get in contact with jgt58 because he's found some other site that had another brand. I'm not sure if the guys of Borla makes 'em. I'll look through my file and see if I have them.

Honestly, I can't complain about my Maggies. There really isn't a lot of muffle when your exhaust passes through these things.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've been looking around and I've only seen magnaflows. Bassani makes them too but they're universal and they run about $150 a piece. That would be $600 to replace all 4 plus labore on top of that. A bit much if you ask me....but I'm probably going with the Magnaflows when I have some extra moola....
I still need to get the damn thing tuned!

·
Registered
274 Posts
I think BBK makes H-Pipes and X-Pipes with high-flow cats. Just not sure if they make them for your car. You could get their ph# from their website. BBK: Performance Parts

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.