Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the other day I ask my wife if I should get a hood scoop (anticipating a chuckle when I ask). To my surprise, she says Yes, I should! And she went on to say I need to get stripes and the windows tinted. Wow.:worship I figure I better get on with it before she realizes what she said. I remember a thread some time ago with a functional hood scoop, which is what I want. Anybody remember that one? Also, I would appreciate any recommendations on a shop to do an install in the Tampa area, if anyone knows of one. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Good Job!!!!!

No recommendations, but there is a shop off of Hillsborough that does Mustang mods, don't know the name though.....

Are you getting the Shaker scoop?

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
tampa said:
So the other day I ask my wife if I should get a hood scoop (anticipating a chuckle when I ask). To my surprise, she says Yes, I should! And she went on to say I need to get stripes and the windows tinted. Wow.:worship I figure I better get on with it before she realizes what she said. I remember a thread some time ago with a functional hood scoop, which is what I want. Anybody remember that one? Also, I would appreciate any recommendations on a shop to do an install in the Tampa area, if anyone knows of one. Thanks!
You could go with the CDC Shakerhood: http://www.classicdesignconcepts.com/catalog/itemdisplay/634.html

·
Registered
502 Posts
tampa said:
Suggestion: KEEP ASKING HER WHAT OTHER THINGS SHE WOULD DO!!! Have her make a big list! Then you can pick through that and whip up on a whole bunch more mods! This is what's known as "obtaining buy-in" at the Harvard Business School, etc...:dunce:

Post pics when completed!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The important thing is that I was NOT asking for permission!!

I like the shaker hood because (i) it is black and I'm thinking black stripes, and (ii) its functional. Any ideas here on the HP or other effect with this kind of hood?

·
Registered
551 Posts
JEB said:
Good Job!!!!!

No recommendations, but there is a shop off of Hillsborough that does Mustang mods, don't know the name though.....
Ditto!

Don't know about a shop off hillsborough, but you could also check Blue Oval Corral, its in pinellas park (or at least was 2+ years ago). I dont know if Racerelated is still open, but I'd avoid them anyway.

Hope it helps,
J

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BadlandsGhost said:
Ditto!

Don't know about a shop off hillsborough, but you could also check Blue Oval Corral, its in pinellas park (or at least was 2+ years ago). I dont know if Racerelated is still open, but I'd avoid them anyway.

Hope it helps,
J
Thanks - on the advice of a Tampa Bay Mustang member, I checked ou Blue Oval - liked them and they offered a very reasonable price. I'll go to them when I have them done.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I was advised to stay away from Blue Oval. They seemed nice enough but the shop was a mess. Asked them to get me an est on stuff and never heard back.

Ramsey's has always been good. They are on Southern Comfort Blvd in Tampa. Have had numerous dealings with them.

Idle Wild Racing in Largo or Clearwater. Since you go to Tampa bay racing they have a listing of most of the shop in TB that can work on your stuff. They are having a dyno day as well this weekend.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Remember to get a tuner and a tune with that hood, and intake! :winks SCT!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BlackSunshine said:
If you eventually go to any one of these shops please let me know your opinions on it, as I don't have much time to drive around checking out shops. Although I really want to see this one: http://www.modularmadness.com/
Wow! Did I read that right? 577 rwhp? I'll have to remember that the next time I pull up to a windveil blue. It could be the one!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.