Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I take so much crap from the wife about the mods I'm doing, she don't get it. You guys have any ideas to help with this problem? Second job, another bank account, PO Box, etc. I've probably tried them all, but it is worth it!

Upgraded GT takeoff wheels, Hurst shifter, GT takeoff muffler, sequential tail lights, GT takeoff swaybars. Coming soon: CAI, tune, 6 guage cluster, anything else you guys write about.

For us guys that live for the Stang!

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
You just have to find a balance between both her and the car. Try to get her interested and involved.
thats good advise. i let my g/f drive mine and she went a bought one too. that really helped big time. and the best part is she doesnt want to mod hers, allthough..it now has a gt rear sway, and now she wants lic plate frames. oh boy...thats how it all starts i guess :shigrin she says " well you could be hooked on alot worse things" as usual, she is correct :gringreen

·
Registered
25,075 Posts
Agree, if you want peace and harmony you need common ground! Hopefully you can get her excited about "investing" in the stang. Both financial and her time!

·
Registered
786 Posts
I take like $20 here and $40 there from the grocery store when I go shopping for groceries, and once I have enuf cash to buy a mod.... (at least the cheaper ones) I have a friend buy it on thier credit card or debit card and give them the cash:shigrin that way no paper trail, and my wife NEVER notices most of my mods. :D I had GT style headlights for 6 mos before she finally noticed and said "hey, did the car come with those lights?" I fessed up, but way underquoted her on what I paid;) Also, I tend to look for really good deals on stuff on Craigslist, then sell them for a proffit, and use the extra to by my next part. I might be picking up some polished 18 in bullet wheels this week with good rubber for $300 and I am sure I can fetch more than that for them if I am patient.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
I take so much crap from the wife about the mods I'm doing, she don't get it. You guys have any ideas to help with this problem? Second job, another bank account, PO Box, etc. I've probably tried them all, but it is worth it!

Upgraded GT takeoff wheels, Hurst shifter, GT takeoff muffler, sequential tail lights, GT takeoff swaybars. Coming soon: CAI, tune, 6 guage cluster, anything else you guys write about.

Well, you know how some guys will give you a hard time for buying a V6 and modding it? And tell you that you just should have gotten a GT in the first place?

Well, I'm not going to tell you that. You can see from my sig that I have a V6 myself.

But you might consider trading in the wife for a GFthat has all the options you'd like...

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

·
Registered
588 Posts
Man you have gone to extremes ! I honestly don't go too crazy with the mods, but so far my wife has been into the mustang too. Important dates like father's day and my birthday are coming so I use those to get my "mod presents."
It is weird because she doesn't want to drive it, but when it comes down to posing for a picture she in for the fun. Anyway, we're taking off to the beach tomorrow to get some new shots.

I take like $20 here and $40 there from the grocery store when I go shopping for groceries, and once I have enuf cash to buy a mod.... (at least the cheaper ones) I have a friend buy it on thier credit card or debit card and give them the cash:shigrin that way no paper trail, and my wife NEVER notices most of my mods. :D I had GT style headlights for 6 mos before she finally noticed and said "hey, did the car come with those lights?" I fessed up, but way underquoted her on what I paid;) Also, I tend to look for really good deals on stuff on Craigslist, then sell them for a proffit, and use the extra to by my next part. I might be picking up some polished 18 in bullet wheels this week with good rubber for $300 and I am sure I can fetch more than that for them if I am patient.

·
Registered
161 Posts
This is what I do...

When my Wife use to give me some crap about a mod or asks " do you really need that " I just walk to our closet, open the door and look at all the purses and shoes and say " do you really need them" and remind her I use my Mods every day, can you say that about your Mods? end of discussion. but, now she is usually pretty cool about most...even the SuperCharger!.

·
Registered
37 Posts
See when your married the mods are more expensive, cause you always gotta throw a little something her way. Say you want to spend $100, well I always get her something she wants about $50 worth. This seems to keep my wife at peace cause she knows as my stang gets modded so does her collection of endless woman stuff lol.

·
Registered
154 Posts
When my Wife use to give me some crap about a mod or asks " do you really need that " I just walk to our closet, open the door and look at all the purses and shoes and say " do you really need them" and remind her I use my Mods every day, can you say that about your Mods? end of discussion. but, now she is usually pretty cool about most...even the SuperCharger!.
You my friend......are a genius.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
haha, my gf hates it when somethin new comes in the mail. BUT i still buy her stuff now and then to keep it even. when i change my oil i usuallly change the oil in her neon and i also got her into telling the difference between a GT and V6 while were out doing stuff...haha so getting them involved too helps.

·
Banned
822 Posts
Hate to say it, but a Mustang (no matter how cool, or which model) is just another car. You'll probably have LOTS of them during your lifetime, and probably cooler ones than your Mustang. Good women don't come along every day, so if your wife is a good woman, do what it takes to keep her that way. In return, she'll let you gather up some cool toys over the years...
Mine talked me into getting the Bullitt when I really didn't need another car...:happyhapp..she liked the look.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I would just tell her it's cheaper than a mistress. :D

·
Registered
889 Posts

You'd best slow down on the modding and space them out over more time or you won't be living for the Stang, you'll be living IN the Stang and everything you own will fit in the trunk. ;)

·
Registered
154 Posts
haha, my gf hates it when somethin new comes in the mail. BUT i still buy her stuff now and then to keep it even. when i change my oil i usuallly change the oil in her neon and i also got her into telling the difference between a GT and V6 while were out doing stuff...haha so getting them involved too helps.
Wow thats odd my GF drives a Neon also, Shes dying for a Stang though...she absolutely LOVES my new muffler though, I guess I'm just lucky

·
Registered
134 Posts
i BOUGHT the DIABLO SPORT TUNER, put it in and told my wife to drive it, and if she didn't like it NO MORE, BUT after she had that test drive she said DAMN, what's NEXT

·
Registered
781 Posts
In the famous words of my gf, "why the f**k does it seem like the UPS guy is here 3 times a week hunny" my dad gave me a very good lesson when I was younger... "son... never get married, its our modern form of slavery" :hihi:

I just tell her, "hunny, atleast you know theres no one else cause im under that car all day long. If i were you, id be very grateful for the UPS guy" :D that norm gets me a good smack in the face and a nice laugh followed by... this is true :bigthumbsup

^^^ thank god I found an understanding one. just gotta explain how my mods work for her... still trying to figure out how F/I works for her... any tips?

·
Registered
313 Posts
wife problems

hahahaha, you guys kill me...I thought I was the only one having such problems...I feel much better now....

it is a good thing that our wives dont know about this forrum...b/c we would be in a lot of trouble....i'd feel sorry for you billcougnut...lol...she would take you to the cleaners.....

I would say what has worked for me is how we explain things to her..you see you got be smart about things..women are kind sinical when it comes time to mod...saying things like what for? that is childish? you ruined it? how much???..

try explaining it in detailed words that she can understand like:
lower suspension- helps the car corner better
spoliers - helps aerodynamics, reduces wind drag
tuners - great gas milleage, easier to pass cars when needed
big wheel/tire - easier to get in/out of the car b/c of new height
short shifter - easier to shift
intake/exhaust upgrades - helps the engine breath better

and words never to be used are:
looks cool
runs a lot faster
spends more gas
cost a little bit more - not much
b/c i like it
sounds louder
not covered in warranty

and just remember, sooner or later she will find out so be ready to explain...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.