Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 89 LX 5.0 with 2.5in Flowmasters. I've just bought a set of 17x8 96 Gt wheels, i plan on running 225/45 in the front, and 245/45 in the rear. I plan on doing a 2 in drop in the front and a 1.8 in drop in the rear. With the 5 lug conversion will they fit, can i go with a wider rear tire, or should i just scrap it and get some ponys like everyone else.

G

·
Good question. I am running ROH 4 lug 245/45 and I know I had problems with fender clearance on both my 89 and 92 Mustangs. I had to roll the fender lips to gain more clearence. I don't know if the 5 lug conversion kit has longer rear axles. Something to check. You might have to go with a different tire size, especially on the rear.

·
Banned
4,476 Posts
Bad89 said:
I have an 89 LX 5.0 with 2.5in Flowmasters. I've just bought a set of 17x8 96 Gt wheels, i plan on running 225/45 in the front, and 245/45 in the rear. I plan on doing a 2 in drop in the front and a 1.8 in drop in the rear. With the 5 lug conversion will they fit, can i go with a wider rear tire, or should i just scrap it and get some ponys like everyone else.
look in the Oct/Nov Modified Mustangs, there is a guy with 99 GT wheels on his 86, those wheels are the same demensions as yours

·
Registered
65 Posts
i have the same question but with 18x9 and 18x10 saleen wheels any help would be great

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damn Thats wide, if those fit, you'll be the man, i sam a 91 GT in The new Muscle Mustang and Fast Fords book running 17x8 Bullits on a 1.5 in drop, so i'm praying :worship

·
Registered
65 Posts
what profile tire did they have because my 91 was dropped 1.5 in before i got it

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I have a Bullitt Suspension on my 92 GT which dropped the car a little more than 3/4" and I run Factory Ford Bullitts with 245/45/17s and the SN95 Brake Conversion. No rubbing anywhere, although I did put rack limiters up front just in case.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.