Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
The 1997 rear end is wider than the one you have now, it'll still go in but the wheels will sit further out. You'll need bigger wheels to clear the brakes too.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I think that you would need the extended brake lines. The brake lines for the rear drum brakes are not long enough for the wider track of the 94-98 SN95 brakes. I could be wrong on this part though.

You could use 15" rims fine. The rear brakes on the SN95's fit 15's just fine so no problem there. The big thing is that you would be swapping in a rear-end that uses a 5 lug hub compared to your stock 4 lug hub.

You could sort of remedy this by buying 5 lug Cobra rims for the rear and 4 lug Cobras for the front. It would look sort of weird but it would look better than running two different styles of rim. You will also have to be careful about rubbing the tires. The rear end would be wider so you would have to be careful of how wide you got your rear tires.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
If this will work what changes do i need to make to my stang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
Whats your reason for wanting to use the '97 rear end? To have disc brakes, 5-lug, or both? To use the disc brakes you'll have to make changes to the brake proportioning system, parking brake sytem, brake lines, master cylinder, etc. If you're going to do 5-lug, you might as well do the fronts also. It won't be but a few hundred dollars more getting the parts from a salvage. Then you can find a cheap set of take-off wheels and tires until you can find some that you like, unless you already have the money. Check out the Disc Brake/5-Lug sticky at the top of this forum also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.