Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Stang has a stock suspension and im trying to get some new wheels. I like the look of twentys but i dont want to jack up the car with 20's. Im wondering if they will raise up the car higher with the stock suspension or not? Thanks

·
Registered
709 Posts
Using the correct tires, 255/35/20, will give you the same overall diameter as the stock tires - no jacked up look.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks man. I see that you have 20's. How do they ride? Is it rough and does it perform any different?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Not if you get the right size of tire.

G

·
0 Posts
Just my .02 here but I think it will ruin the look of your car. I think 20" is way too big to be on a Mustang. And no, if you get the right tire size you won't have a change in height

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just my .02 here but I think it will ruin the look of your car. I think 20" is way too big to be on a Mustang. And no, if you get the right tire size you won't have a change in height
Yeah ive always thought they would. The only 20's i really like are like the Saleen or Roush wheels. Ive pretty much decided to get 18's. I just wanted to see what people would say. Any ideas on some good looking 18's?

·
Registered
156 Posts
I've got 20's with 255/35 tires and most people would agree with the nice look of it. I even leveled out the rear by adding Roush springs to the back, but I haven't taken pictures since the springs were installed 6 months ago. As people have said, the ride height is determined by the tire size and 255/35/20 is the same height as stock.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
519 Posts
Yeah, you're right, my car looks like crap with the 20's... Maybe I can win some DONK competitions.. My car belongs right next to this red one..

Attachments

·
Registered
12,243 Posts
Ok thanks man. I see that you have 20's. How do they ride? Is it rough and does it perform any different?
I am running 20" wheels/tires, with a lowering kit....looks great, handles well, and not even too bad on the sitiffness of ride. My tires are 255/35ZR20 (front) and 275/35ZR20 (rear) and the front are within .1" of stock diameter and the rear are within .25" of stock diameter.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Yeah, you're right, my car looks like crap with the 20's... Maybe I can win some DONK competitions.. My car belongs right next to this red one..

Great lookin ride u have.20's look very nice on the s197 IMO but so do 18's when done right.My only beef with 18 is most people throw on the ballon tires a make it look like shhhhh. Just my opinion though.:hihi:

G

·
0 Posts
Of course there are always exceptions. I would just like to see a bit more rubber around the wheels. Your car is no different. It looks great but it would look better with 18" instead imo

·
Registered
812 Posts

20" steeda's here stock height in front cobra jet springs in back ( 3/4" drop )

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.