Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the oppertunity to purchase wheels from a 2007 mustang with tire size 235/55/17 the wheels have a inside back set of 5 inches and outside back set of 4inches. will these tires and wheels fit my 1968 V8 stock mustang convertable that has 5 bolt 14 inch wheels?

·
Registered
810 Posts
You need adapters, not spacers. Adapters bolt to the hub and the wheel bolts to the adapter. A spacer thick enough to mount that wheel would be dangerous. You also need to replace the tires. 235 55 17 is too tall for the classics, you want a 235 45 17

·
Registered
123 Posts
When I stuffed the tires off a new mach on my old one, here's what i had to do...
Jack up the rear 1",
1/4" spacers in the back,
1 & 1/4" adapters up front,
and make sure to get lug nuts that fit well into the mounting holes on the rims. The stock lug nuts from your car will probably not grip more than 1/2" to 1/4" of the stud, and you don't want your shiny new wheels flying off. I just took my rim into the ford dealer and the guy behind the desk pulled down a box of nuts and we tried them all to find the best fit.

·
Registered
183 Posts
This thread got me to thinking. I wonder what that tires off my 64 with the wire cap with the knock offs would look on my 06 Stang? Talk about a retro look, that would be it. I may have to play around with photo shop a little on that one.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I have wheels and tires from my 2006 on my 68, and you need to get 1.25" 4 lug to 5 lug adapters...with these, they will fit no problem, I picked up a set of 4 of them on ebay for like $75.00

·
Registered
328 Posts
This thread got me to thinking. I wonder what that tires off my 64 with the wire cap with the knock offs would look on my 06 Stang? Talk about a retro look, that would be it. I may have to play around with photo shop a little on that one.
I think that it would not look good at all for the simple fact that you would be putting 14" wheels on it. The old stangs can wear the new shoes, but the new stangs cant wear the old shoes...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.