Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have we heard about any changes/revisions to the MT82 for 2013? I'd consider trading my job-2 2011 GT for a 2013 if the kinks I have will be worked out. I was ok for the most part all summer but now that it's getting cold again, the gremlins are back along with a whine in 4th all of a sudden. I already had the tsb done. Thanks!

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Of course they will use the MT82, with all the updates done to correct the deficiencies that some had.
Some? There are 3 of us at the Santana Row Cars and Coffee (2-2011, 1-2012) with issues. That's how I found out about this site! I hope they get it straightened out for the 2013. It'd be nice if Ford would provide a list of drivetrain improvements for the 2013's. Otherwise, I'll just wait for some deliveries in the spring. This transmission is the only thing I don't like about my 2011. Makes me wish I held on to the 2009 until 2013 if they fix this thing.

·
Registered
356 Posts
There is always the auto. I love my auto.

I know of several locals that have had the trannys replaced from bad syncros/gears. It is a lot more common then most people want to believe from what I've seen talking to all the random 5.0 owners I know.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Some? There are 3 of us at the Santana Row Cars and Coffee (2-2011, 1-2012) with issues. That's how I found out about this site! I hope they get it straightened out for the 2013. It'd be nice if Ford would provide a list of drivetrain improvements for the 2013's. Otherwise, I'll just wait for some deliveries in the spring. This transmission is the only thing I don't like about my 2011. Makes me wish I held on to the 2009 until 2013 if they fix this thing.
Really? I would love to meet up with them..

·
Registered
963 Posts
I hope they do, the MT-82 is a great transmission!

Flamesuit on!

·
Banned
788 Posts

Flamesuit on!
I second that! Of the 6 mustangs i have owned my 2011 gt with the mt82 is by far the best, smoothest and most refined of them all! I love it. Oh and the 10 other 2011-2012 mt82s in my mustang club love them to!

·
Registered
793 Posts
Yeah, im sure it will. I know the 2012 Boss 302 has a beefed up MT82 in it.

Hehe, that new GT500 has even some Ferrari guys talk'n in a few diffrent threads. I cant post a link cause its in a private thread. But i ran into this video while i was over there. I think u guys might also appreciate it. They mostly talking about how they make great track cars, and make some of the most wonderful sounds lol. Some had said, "Takes alot of bawls to drive around a track with that much untamed power" not in thouse words though. Just a quick sum.

Yes, the live axle was brought up. But mostly just agreed to diffrence in personal taste, or mood ones in to drive lol.

Mustang Boss - Ford Racing - YouTube

·
Registered
193 Posts
Why wouldn't they? Do you Jmatero scared them?

·
Registered
465 Posts

Flamesuit on!
I hope they continue using it till 2015. The more of them out there, the more chances they will take care of any issues for us past purchasers. The only thing I've noticed so far is the cold shifting issue. I don't think I'll do the fluid change. I think I can just skip shift till it warms up.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Has anyone not seen the list of revisions Ford has done to the MT82? 2013 MT82's have been revised over the past couple of years to the point the only thing they will have in common with a 2011 MT82 is the design. Ford has corrected most of the defficiencies so I wouldn't be too worried about purchasing a 2013 with the manual. It's disappointing for early adopters that Ford launched the 2011 Mustang with a half-baked transmission but it is what it is.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Some? There are 3 of us at the Santana Row Cars and Coffee (2-2011, 1-2012) with issues. That's how I found out about this site!
Three people at a single meet that have trans problems, and yet I cannot find anyone local to me that has an issue. I guess birds of a feather really do flock together. I want to see how bad a 'bad' one really is. At this point I'm still of the opinion that the whole MT-82 thing is more hysteria than it is actual problems.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Three people at a single meet that have trans problems, and yet I cannot find anyone local to me that has an issue. I guess birds of a feather really do flock together. I want to see how bad a 'bad' one really is. At this point I'm still of the opinion that the whole MT-82 thing is more hysteria than it is actual problems.
Sorry Brother, have to disagree. There's some hysteria from people scared they'll have issues but there's no way this is small potatoes. I'm the only one I know with a whine but all three of us are getting blocked out of gears (not skip shift) and have synchro issues 1-2, 2-3, 3-4, 4-5. cbady08 is in this area so that's 4 now. Are you in northern Cali? We meet second Sunday of every month at Santana Row Starbucks at 8am. It's gotten pretty big. Mostly Mustangs, Challengers, Camaros, Boxsters, Genesis Coupes, CTS-V and 2 Nissan GTR.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sorry just saw you were in Texas.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Hey, 2013 buyers come on, there is nothing wrong with the MT82. Just ask Ford ! Thats what they have told the Government and their customers, so it must be true...........best regards Plum

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey, 2013 buyers come on, there is nothing wrong with the MT82. Just ask Ford ! Thats what they have told the Government and their customers, so it must be true...........best regards Plum
So I'm reading this pdf response to the nhtsa. What a crock of poo. My 2009 NEVER locked me out of gears except maybe first at a light which most transmissions do every so often. I'm talking about gunning it to pass somebody and nothing. stuck in neutral. zip. Or worse you get it into gear and gun it and then BANG and the stick jumps back to neutral. They already replaced the entire clutch system and the transmission and there's no way in heaven or on earth this is driver error.

I should never have read this document because now i'm royally p'd off at Ford.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
no changes to the 2013..... What time is coffee and cars? I might be out there once mine arrives
Whenever works for you guys..

Sorry Brother, have to disagree. There's some hysteria from people scared they'll have issues but there's no way this is small potatoes. I'm the only one I know with a whine but all three of us are getting blocked out of gears (not skip shift) and have synchro issues 1-2, 2-3, 3-4, 4-5. cbady08 is in this area so that's 4 now. Are you in northern Cali? We meet second Sunday of every month at Santana Row Starbucks at 8am. It's gotten pretty big. Mostly Mustangs, Challengers, Camaros, Boxsters, Genesis Coupes, CTS-V and 2 Nissan GTR.
I have only found one other owner around here that I have spoke to in person that actually had a MT-82, and he said his was fine.. just to be on the record to show that I am not biased here; I would love to meet and check out each others cars..

·
Registered
33 Posts
never experienced being locked out (mostly on 2-3 upshift, heavy load) before until i had my 2012. not to mention the notchy feeling i get, which would normally be fine on an aftermarket shifter but the stock one should slide in no problem. i thought the aisin tranny was bad.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Same ole band wagon just because they had problem very one else should be having them too. Amazing certain few seem to have all the bad luck or it just them...................um I vote just them

1 - 20 of 25 Posts