Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a issue....money. I want to run 18x9 inch shelby razors on my mustang, but then I would have to get new tires as well. So I think I have decided to try to get wheels to fit my tires. Does anyone know if 235/55/17R's will fit on 17x9 wheels? And if they would fit, would they look bad? Or do you even think running 17" razors would look good? Cuz I realize that they are a little small. Or do you think I should just wait for a good amount of time until I get the money for both rims and tires, because 17x9 wheels would look bad with 235/55/17R tires?

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
Honestly, if you are getting new rims, get new rubber to go with it. Keep the old as a spare set or sell it to make a few bucks. Don't skimp out on your baby. PIMP HER OUT!!! :lol:

·
Registered
481 Posts
they wont fit IMO

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
When I switched from my stock 18's to the GT500 replicas, I went from 8 to 9.5 in. wheels. My story is like yours. I couldn't afford new tires, too.

I mounted the stock BFG's, 235/55-18 on them. Yes, they are a little narrow, but don't look bad in my opinion. Maybe next year I will go larger, but for now they are working fine.

Frank

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I think you could make them fit, but IMO it wont look right. Just wait an go all out, you never know what will happen and its always nice to have a full set of backups. 18 in looks a lot better anyways.

·
Registered
9,239 Posts
When you have tires on the narrow side you run the chance of damaging the rims easier when hitting potholes and if you decide to push it hard in a corners. Other than that and maybe a small loss of ride quality you shouldn’t have any issues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.