Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know its probably been covered before and ive searched but haven't found any yes or no answer to the question I have made on my title hope someone can just answer the question as yes or no, if not what would be needed to get it done. my situation is that I searched for new struts and lowering springs since my gfs struts and shocks are still oem and well all gone now and need replacing. recently latemodelrestoration had a sale on their kyb struts and shocks, saw they had a strut, shock and lowering spring combo on sale but didn't see they had it under just 5.0 fitment. and well now im stuck with it here. im on a budget and just recently had transmission rebuilt. is it possible for the struts and shocks and springs to fit without modification?? if not what is needed to be done? the whole car is stock. hope to get help asap and thanks in advanced.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I put v8 springs and struts on my turbo swapped 89 last year. The springs fit fine, but I had to use the v8 spindles to get the struts to work. The part where they attach to the spindle is different. But I was putting on the v8 brakes at the time so no big deal.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine is a 87 4cyl...the kit i bought is from latemodelrestoration.com the kyb struts and shocks and sve lowering springs didnt realize they were 5.0 only......so springs will fit fine but need for front i need to do swap to v8 spindles? What about the rear???

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
When looking for a pair of front ones put in 79-86 v8 see what the part numbers are

1 - 7 of 7 Posts