Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if there are any differences between the years because I know the 87-89 were all compatible but I'm not sure if there were any differences between the two. It will actually be going into my 4 cyl car so I also needed to know if my 4 cyl driveshaft will be the correct length with the 8.8 rear. I have an AOD trans if theat makes any difference. Kinda need a fast reply since I'll be picking it up today with all the a-arms for $150:happydance:

·
Registered
292 Posts
86-93 had the same 8.8 rear ends.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! You wouldn't know anything about the different lengths in driveshafts would you? I know the 8 cyl driveshaft is supposed to be a different length then the 4 cyl driveshaft(or so I've heard) So will I need an 8 cyl driveshaft to run the 8.8 rear end? I'm not exactly sure.

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
The rear will bolt right in, but I'm not sure if you can use the 4 cylinder driveshaft so I'd say get the V8 shaft to be sure.

·
Registered
460 Posts
there is a different length between 5.0 an 2.3 driveshafts the 2.3 shaft is a little longer but if you are just swapping rear ends not engine you will be fine.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
there is a different length between 5.0 an 2.3 driveshafts the 2.3 shaft is a little longer but if you are just swapping rear ends not engine you will be fine.
Thats what I was thinking. If it does come down to it not fitting then I'll just go out and get another driveshaft for it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.