Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 23 of 23 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Sorry late in this conversation, but yes I totally disagree!! I do not have to lift my motor to remove the headers or install them. I use a Chevy trans with a plate and everything drops right in. In some cases it is much easier to remove the motor trans combo over just the trans. Unless you have a lift and a trans jack for support I can have my motor and trans out in a couple hours and that's including monkeying with the header bolts. That's the longest part of the process. Everything is just like installing a small block.

I wondering when you were going to show up.....

Big Block Stang's being represented.....:bigthumbsup

never heard of anything good on the swap, except 400tq and 200hp

I have quick question how do you run bottom 10's on only 200 hp....:evilchuck

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
I have quick question how do you run bottom 10's on only 200 hp....:evilchuck[/quote]

I bet everyone on this website would love to run those numbers on only 200hp. Imagine if you had 600!:happyhapp

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm in the process and i have fit the 400 with a fmx trans into a 1980 mustang(i think i'm the first crazy one because everybody told me it don't fit:hihi:). The 400 cost me about 2500 to rebuild. I done everything exept the machine work and the cam bearing installation.

The 400 have more part now www.TMeyerinc.com for piston 9.5:1 and aussie head import from australia. My 400(408ci) have a performer 400 intake with 4 barel, aussie head, .030 over tim piston, straight-up timing chain, xtrem energie cam with roller rocker and i have 349hp and 478ft/lbs of torque(dyno sim). I could have 380 hp with a different cam but loose torque. Not bad for a medium mild rebuild.

I could have used the chi 3v head from Tim Meyer but the money was not there. And take a look at the 434 strocker tim also made now for the 400. The aftermarket world just discover the 400 by now. just my 02.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.