Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so my rear driver side brake will not stop squeaking. I did a rear end swap not long ago as background info.
Now the squeal only happens at a certain time it starts when i start applying pressure to the brake and will stop when the brake is fully pressed. Once you take off from a stop it starts squeak squeak squeaking as i take off. It never truly stops squeaking. I tried everything to solve this bake squeak issue.
  • NEW rotor
  • REMANUFACTURED caliper
  • NEW Raybestos service grade pads

Now after driving about 30miles the squeaking started again from the same brake. My in-law said it could be the axle shaft is bad? Can it be? I do notice a little rear end wobble on the highway...

Any input is helpful, thanks in advance

·
Registered
409 Posts
Alright so my rear driver side brake will not stop squeaking. I did a rear end swap not long ago as background info.
Now the squeal only happens at a certain time it starts when i start applying pressure to the brake and will stop when the brake is fully pressed. Once you take off from a stop it starts squeak squeak squeaking as i take off. It never truly stops squeaking. I tried everything to solve this bake squeak issue.
  • NEW rotor
  • REMANUFACTURED caliper
  • NEW Raybestos service grade pads

Now after driving about 30miles the squeaking started again from the same brake. My in-law said it could be the axle shaft is bad? Can it be? I do notice a little rear end wobble on the highway...

Any input is helpful, thanks in advance
Is there grease/oil on the inside of the rim on the rear wheels? If so, you'll need to replace the axle seals out near the rotors.... Thsi requires removing the axles to install the seals. I had it bad enuf, where i needed to buy new axles because the oil seals wore radial grooves in the axle!!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only stuff on the wheels are dirt and road grime...no grease or oil. I see no leaks that would reveal leaking fluid from the seals.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
late reply but....the squeak is gone.

Turns out the old man was right, the axle shaft was so bent it allowed the rotor to rub on the pad making the dreading squeal. Now it has a new Doorman axle, seal and bearing on the driver side. I ended up splurging on the car and went with 75w140 Royal Purple in the differential.

NEW ISSUE! :headscratch:
A long time after the fix... I've been feeling a very harsh vibration in the car after traveling highway speed (60-75mph). It feels like it's coming from the rear of the car because it literally vibrates my arse in my seat and the change in the center console. I'm assuming it may have something to do with either the wheel and tires or something in the drive shaft related area. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
15 Posts
It's a new issue coming from the rear, and you just replaced an axle. I'd imagine it's related to that... because the other components worked fine before, right?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's a new issue coming from the rear, and you just replaced an axle. I'd imagine it's related to that... because the other components worked fine before, right?
I noticed it sometime before but it's slightly more noticeable now, it's also accompanied by a roaring noise.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Answer

Realized that i never updated this thread. The brake squeal was caused by the bent axle. It allowed the pads to rub on the discs. The roaring/vibration was caused by a bad tire. A really bad balance did that. Anyway i am getting a new Mustang....hopefully.... this year because mine got damaged in the Indiana snow storm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts