Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '94 302 and I was woundering if it will hook up to my '76 c4 trany,that I have in my '67 mustng? I also want to find out what parts I could use off from my '76 302 motor, any adivse will be helpful. Thanks:worship

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
evrything is interchangeable . just make sure you use the flexplate from the 94 or get one that will work . It has a different balance .

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
If using a carburator, I'd probably use the front accessory drive system from the older motor. I'm pretty sure the waterpump outlet is on the other side on the '94. Plus, it rotates the other way. Hopefully your '76 motor has takes four bolts to secure the crank pulley to the balancer. Older ones used three. You can go to the aftermarket for a 50 ounce balancer that uses three bolts, as the OEM '95 ones have been known to fail. 302s from before 1980 (or '81) are 28 ounce. 351 Ws are all 28 ounce, so don't use a balancer or flexplate from one of them.
If the motor is an HO, you will need a steel distributor gear.

·
Registered
3 Posts
couger94 said:
I have a '94 302 and I was woundering if it will hook up to my '76 c4 trany,that I have in my '67 mustng? I also want to find out what parts I could use off from my '76 302 motor, any adivse will be helpful. Thanks:worship
may not be viable , but the 5ltr in our falcons chewed the c4 out on hard use
and were replaced by the fmx or the c10 , same bolt patterns but a much stronger box . from 91 on the 4 speed box used are excellent .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.