Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to know if the egr was really important. I noticed that they make a plate to block it off. I just want to know what to expect when I do it?

·
Registered
826 Posts
w/ your ride you'll be allright eliminating it...it that's what ya wanna do....but i would'nt eliminate it unless it's bad.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
The EGR isn't operating during cold start up or at WOT so it won't affect the idle.

·
Registered
54 Posts
i took the egr valve off on mine and didnt notice a difference. just be carefull cuz some areas it wont pass emissions without the egr valve. the way to bypass that though is to just drive under 5000 miles a year. at least in PA if you drive under 5000 miles you are exempt from emissions.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Didn't know that, about driving less than 5000 and you're exempt.

·
Registered
54 Posts
thats true for pennsylvania. but im not sure about NC. if you wanna find out though just call any automotive shop and they should be able to let you know if there is any way to be exempt from emissions. that is if you guys even have a emissions inspection down there.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We don't have emission testing in FLA or in GA where I'm originally from. Thanks for the info though.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
I would not eliminate it unless your all out racing. It only helps you and like said before, at idle and WOT its not in effect anyways. It helps with gas mileage and helps the engine run cooler while your cruising.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.