Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
I'm guessing you're talking about a 99-04 GT, since the 05-06 is already at 300hp. (1998 and earlier 4.6 motors would have to do the PI swap first, but then would be essentially the same as the 99-04)

The answer is "probably" or "at least darn close". If you do intake/plenum, CAI, H or X pipe, cat-back exhaust, pullies and a tune, you should have a 99-04 at or very close to 300 CRANK horsepower.
If you're talking dyno'd RWHP, the answer is probably not without the help of more substantial mods or going the nitrous route, etc...

·
Registered
701 Posts
I never saw a bolt on "only" dyno sheet.

All in RWHP: (rough estimate)
- You get about 10 HP with a FIPK
- an other 10 HP with the pulleys
- about 5 - 8 HP with a plennum throttlebody
- about 10HP with a custom, maxed out tune (not the pre programmed ones in the programmer)
- and about 15HP with the headers and full exhaust.

Most 99-04 dyno at about 215-225 RWHP (100% stock)
That means: 220 RWHP + 53 RWHP in bolt ons is not going to give you 300 RWHP. (superchargers do!)

When you're done with all those bolt ons, for the same amount of money you probabely could have gotten a Supercharger.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how much is a supercharger?

engineer76 said:

- about 10HP with a custom, maxed out tune (not the pre programmed ones in the programmer)

That means: 220 RWHP + 53 RWHP in bolt ons is not going to give you 300 RWHP. (superchargers do!)

When you're done with all those bolt ons, for the same amount of money you probabely could have gotten a Supercharger.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
engineer76 said:

Add P&P heads with cams, and you can get 300 rwhp. I've seen plenty on other forums.

·
Registered
701 Posts
dollarbill said:
Add P&P heads with cams, and you can get 300 rwhp. I've seen plenty on other forums.
Agree dollarbill. Heads will make it.

I wouldn't count that as a "classic" bolt on part.
If you already change the heads, you should also change the cams.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.