Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 v6 mustang and I am thinking of adding dual exhaust I have a couple of questions.

1st what is the nest dual exhaust for a v6?
2nd will cutting my bumper of my mustang devalue the car?
3rd how much would a muffler shop charge to get dual gt muflers??

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
1st. nest? i think you nicest? id say super 40's. cant go wrong with that classic sound.
2nd. no way if any thing it will ad value since you have dual exaust and it looks right.
3rd. id say go through CL, you can pick up stock gt muffler's thier for like 40$.
a shop will charge like 3-500$ for everything. might even get SS

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1st. nest? i think you nicest? id say super 40's. cant go wrong with that classic sound.
2nd. no way if any thing it will ad value since you have dual exaust and it looks right.
3rd. id say go through CL, you can pick up stock gt muffler's thier for like 40$.
a shop will charge like 3-500$ for everything. might even get SS
yeah i am going to have a local shop fabricate a pipe another question would a x or H pipe be better?

·
Registered
201 Posts
X-Pipe = more hp gains than H-pipe

Brakes Plus charged me $150 for the whole install, I had to do the cutting myself

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
I have a 2006 v6 mustang and I am thinking of adding dual exhaust I have a couple of questions.

dual exhaust was the first thing i did to my car. i went stainless h and am very happy with it. unfortunately, you wont find a h pipe. it would be the easier system to have fabricated though. x pipes are plentiful to find.

i cut my bumper, it would not be a big deal to change it, but who cares? make your car your own and just enjoy it.

i really like my gt mufflers too. you can get new takeoffs for 80.00 a set or find used one real cheap on ebay or craigslist ect.

i do all my own work so i have no idea on install prices, but check a couple shops out. better to get all your parts together yourself and just get the install :)

Attachments

·
Registered
505 Posts
I would cut it...save the money on a gt bumper and put it towards something else....I cut mine with a dremel and filled it with a 4" pypes violator tip...:winks

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I would cut it...save the money on a gt bumper and put it towards something else....I cut mine with a dremel and filled it with a 4" pypes violator tip...:winks
Any chance you or (amustangrocks)or anyone that Cut there V6 Bumper would post a Close-Up Pic of the Bumper after the Cut so I can see how it looks? Im also going to do the Cut for Duals and also would like to know if it (Chips) the Paint when doing the cutting. I'd Appreciate it:bigthumbsup Also is there a better way to cut it then a Dremmel Tool, or what is the best thing to do the Cutting?

·
Registered
505 Posts
After I traced the line i wanted to cut.. I masking taped it around the line to help make sure it didnt chip or crack. It came out better than I expected...the only difference is that the passenger side is more formed like a gt bumper...but really I dont think anyone can tell... My bumper shinin so much ya can see me in the pic...dang:winks

Attachments

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
After I traced the line i wanted to cut.. I masking taped it around the line to help make sure it didnt chip or crack. It came out better than I expected...the only difference is that the passenger side is more formed like a gt bumper...but really I dont think anyone can tell... My bumper shinin so much ya can see me in the pic...dang:winks
Looks Good:bigthumbsup But what did you cut it with?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was going to have a shop fabricate an x pipe and get gt dual take off muflers does anyone know an estimate of what this should cost so I have a general idea?? Also he has to do the cuting of the bumper

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
you can rough cut it, then clean it up with a small sanding drum. the paint does not chip and the plastic is real soft. heres what i used. i taped it on and sannded to the line. it wont have the return lip like the right side, but you cannot see it anyway. you can use your touch up paint on the bare edge, might help seal the paint a little.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
you can rough cut it, then clean it up with a small sanding drum. the paint does not chip and the plastic is real soft. heres what i used. i taped it on and sannded to the line. it wont have the return lip like the right side, but you cannot see it anyway. you can use your touch up paint on the bare edge, might help seal the paint a little.
Thank's Mike.....of course this has to be done while your doing the Exhaust so you know exactly where to do the cutting, so how do you know where to cut it if the Muffler (Is'nt) going to be where it should be as the Bumper is'nt cut yet?
What do you do,,,,do you install the X or H Pipe then the Mid Pipe and then kinda put the Muffler on so you can tell where to cut it? Im not worried about a Cut to Small Im worried about one too Big or left or right of where it should be.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts

Hey,,,,,I did'nt mean to Hijack your Thread but I figured these questions and answers would also help you out to since your considering doing the same as me:winks Thank's:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
505 Posts
i just measured from the edge of the bumper to the start of the cutout on the passenger side and started in the same spot on the drivers side...the hole was already cut before I put the exhaust on....

·
Registered
196 Posts
I bought all the pipes pre-bent online along with Xpipe and had Merlin do the install for $150. It was a Sunday so everything else was closed. I might have saved a few bucks if I waited to take it somewhere else, but I wanted it on right away. They also cut my bumper for me!

·
Registered
133 Posts
New take offs

I have not bought them yet, but I intend to, NTO, offers a complete dual exhaust system , brackets nuts and bolts, and new take off Gt mufflers included for 299 dollars. I doubt anyone can beat that price.
They also have installation videos on their site, I believe it even shows cutting the hole.

New Take-Off - Exhaust Systems

Also new take off bumpers are available on ebay for 25 bucks a pair.

MUSTANG SHELBY GT500 MUFFLERS DUAL EXHAUST 07 08 SVT : eBay Motors (item 200326509638 end time Jun-24-10 07:37:36 PDT)

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
i just measured from the edge of the bumper to the start of the cutout on the passenger side and started in the same spot on the drivers side...the hole was already cut before I put the exhaust on....
i did the cut first too. you need it cut to fit the muffler on. i traced the right cutout,( with the muffler off) and the body lines on the bumper( you can see them on the paper) the top and the bottom. when you transfer your lines to the other side of the paper, they will line up about perfect on the other side of the bumper. you can use a straight edge off the frame under the bumper and check some measurements and from the corners like ajbailor said. if you just get close even, it will be fine. :)

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I have not bought them yet, but I intend to, NTO, offers a complete dual exhaust system , brackets nuts and bolts, and new take off Gt mufflers included for 299 dollars. I doubt anyone can beat that price.
They also have installation videos on their site, I believe it even shows cutting the hole.

New Take-Off - Exhaust Systems

Also new take off bumpers are available on ebay for 25 bucks a pair.

MUSTANG SHELBY GT500 MUFFLERS DUAL EXHAUST 07 08 SVT : eBay Motors (item 200326509638 end time Jun-24-10 07:37:36 PDT)
I just checked out the Complete Dual Exhaust System from NTO it seems like too good a deal....you get it for $299.00 with $378.01 off! what's the Catch? anyone ever ordered this system from NTO? I know the Shipping Price is extra at $80-$110 depending on where you Live and I also see it does'nt come with the (Drivers side) Muffler Hanger that is around $125 (Unless it does and I did'nt see it in there) So for around $500 you got a Nice Looking System and the X and Mid Pipes are SS. What's all your thoughts on this System and is it a Good Deal? even if the Mufflers ar'nt that Great with it I can always get a set of GT Take Offs for cheap.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.