Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 Mustang GT. My stock exhaust is barely hanging on. The pipes keep hitting my rear axle so they're nearly pinched shut. I visited my mechanic and he said its going to be $450 to buy 2 flowmaster 44's and for him to install them along with two new tail pipes. I just want to know if my exhaust will sound good with only 2 flowmaster mufflers.

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
how many do you think it's supposed to have? Yeah, it will be fine, I have two 40s on my Cobra, it's awesome

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Haha "only 2 mufflers"...? Yeah you get one for each side.

And yes they will sound good.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Haha you 2 above me are mean! haha lol. But dang $450?!?!?!?! If you were nearby and you brought the flows and oh um a pack of beer I'd do them free of charge! Such an easy fix. Gaaad I love having 2 welders now :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yes it will sound great!! All I have on my 2000 GT is flowmasters and the sound is perfect. :D

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Haha we aren't mean. We're just giving him a hard time. I know sometimes people get mufflers confused with the midpipe or the cats.

·
Registered
8,704 Posts
For that price, you could buy the entire catback system and as long as you have a socket set, jackstands and a tallcan of Budweiser install it yourself in a couple hours.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
haha i meant i wont have anything else on my car besides the 2 mufflers. no x/h-pipes, headers or anything like that

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Uh....well you kinda need those things... Your manifolds connect to the midpipe (unless you run straight back) and then the mufflers come right before the rear axle.

So are you getting rid of the stock h-pipe and running no crossover?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Bought the 40 flowmaster stainless cat back system for mine for $300. But... if you don't have a torch or want to hacksaw gonna cost you for installation. Mine was $50 but she does sound sweet.

·
Registered
62 Posts
my reply

450 wtf do they come with headers flow master's cost @ 125+tax and the mufller shop charged me 150 for x pipe and crome tip's but yeah 2 will be right one on left and one on right check ur boi were im from if u think that mechanic is dirty we slap them around and charge them

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i dont have any of those parts upgraded. its all the stock parts is what i mean. and im getting two brand new tail pipes, 2 new flowmasters (they have them in stock), and two new tips. $450 sounds resonable for all that plus install. and theyre the most reputable place within like 50 miles. and there are a lot of car shops around here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts