Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan to get another dyno run with just stock airbox and stock tune. I just have to know. This may explain why I got beat by a circa 1990 stationwagon when I was all stock.

Question: If I show a ford dealer my dyno results, can they say "wow, thoes numbers are low lets see whats wrong"?

Oh and btw the CAI and 93 Tune is still a day and night performance boost, so who knows where I stand all stock.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I am looking at about 210 to 220rwhp if all is stock and if I add for WCF I might be looking at 203 to 213rwhp?

·
Registered
9,239 Posts
So I am looking at about 210 to 220rwhp if all is stock and if I add for WCF I might be looking at 203 to 213rwhp?

If they don’t find any compression, leakdown, codes, etc problems it is unlikely that they will do anything about it. I have only ever heard of one successful “action” against Ford based on the cars not making their advertised hp. But that was A LOT of owners of the same car who organized themselves and took Ford to court. And the entire production run was down on power, not just a few. As I understand the manufacturers are not giving a guarantee when publishing HP claims. Or at least that is how the law sees it.

Your relationship with and the attitude of your dealer will have more to do with the outcome than anything else. They are your conduit to Ford.

·
Registered
221 Posts
losing to a station wagon could also be a slipping tranny... or operator error? or a tricked out grocery getter sleeper wagon?? :scratchchin

Yeah, I'm definitely curious to hear what your numbers are, and how the dealer responds!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
losing to a station wagon could also be a slipping tranny... or operator error? or a tricked out grocery getter sleeper wagon?? :scratchchin

Yeah, I'm definitely curious to hear what your numbers are, and how the dealer responds!
When the car is stock their really isnt any noticable problems other then the lack of power which is through the entire rmps in all gears. If ford wont do anything my last resort will be to get a custom dyno tune. If that fails then I will start posting in the V6 section until I sell it :weeps

I sent Tillman speed my dyno run along with a datalog and they sent me a new tune. Its defenatly faster but something is still wrong with the car, Its still boggy as hell.

I will do a run stock and a run with Tillman's new tune, which at this point must be as close to a dyno tune you can get from a mail tune

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK, Lets just rack up my first dyno experience as a waste of money. I want to get it right next time. Not sure what gear he did it in nor if he did the torque lockup. My next run is going to include an all stock run and the new Tilmans C&L racer 93 oct tune.

Mustang dyno or dynojet?
How do I make sure they can do the 4th gear run for T-lock?
I could just say screw it all and get a dyno tune but I dont want to spend $400 on a car with 200rwhp

·
Registered
633 Posts
why not just sale it and then test drive your next car before buying :scratchchin.i test drove sevral before buying my 06 gt auto the one i bought i hated the looks but it screamed bone stock i said ill take it.i somtimes still wish i would have got the color i wanted but your story makes me glade i went with the one i did.but if you do keep it get 410 gears it makes a HUGE HUGE diff on these autos i mean huge.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
why not just sale it and then test drive your next car before buying :scratchchin.i test drove sevral before buying my 06 gt auto the one i bought i hated the looks but it screamed bone stock i said ill take it.i somtimes still wish i would have got the color i wanted but your story makes me glade i went with the one i did.but if you do keep it get 410 gears it makes a HUGE HUGE diff on these autos i mean huge.
I testdrove a few before buying too. This one seemed the fastest. Looking back though I missed a red flag, 06 with just 2k on it, it must have been sitting somewhere for a long time. I am not ready to sell it just yet because I know the power is there somewhere. I may get a compression check soon.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Last 06 auto I dynoed had C&L cold air, cat back, and a mail order tune put down 242 on my mustang dyno.
was the customer happy with those results? My Tillmans retune is pretty impressive but their is still way too much bogging when I hit 4th gear. Once I hit 4th gear my exhaust sound goes from my mufflers to under my hood, Its sounds like a loud low pitched machine gun.

·
Registered
171 Posts
was the customer happy with those results? My Tillmans retune is pretty impressive but their is still way too much bogging when I hit 4th gear. Once I hit 4th gear my exhaust sound goes from my mufflers to under my hood, Its sounds like a loud low pitched machine gun.

He wasn't thrilled, he thought for sure it would be in the upper 270's maybe 280's, he wasn't happy with the numbers, but he was satisfied with how the car ran. That being said the tune was fine I re tuned it after the thumpr cam install and got 274 a 32 hp gain, which seems to be on par, just seems a notch down on the numbers for some reason. I feel his car runs strong and so does he.... :scratchchin

You on the other hand don't seem thrilled with how your car performs there is truly only 2 explanations either your car is not performing like it should, or you have unreal expectations. You keep saying its "boggy" so it sounds as if the car truly has problems.

I don't know what your answer is, but your original questions, unless they can find something mechanically wrong via a leak down or something they probably arent going to to do anything to help ya.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Station wagons make good drag cars because of the weight on the back end, so dont worry.
Now, Ford might throw you a Bone but you wont like where you might find it...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.