Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I was looking to pickup a brembo brake kit for my car, and I was wondering if the stock GT/CS Wheels would clear the brakes if I bought some of those hub spacers.

I think that the only reason they dont clear is offset, not necessarily because of rim size.

I believe the GT/CS Rims are 19x8.5 or 19x9, so I am thinking spacers would allow clearance.

G

·
0 Posts
If you used enough spacers to clear the brakes you will need to be very carful with the amount of threads for the lugnuts. Also you will need to check fender clearance with the front tires at full lock with a load on the front end.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hello,

I was looking to pickup a brembo brake kit for my car, and I was wondering if the stock GT/CS Wheels would clear the brakes if I bought some of those hub spacers.

I think that the only reason they dont clear is offset, not necessarily because of rim size.

I believe the GT/CS Rims are 19x8.5 or 19x9, so I am thinking spacers would allow clearance.
CT/CS rims are 19x8.5 and Brembos are 19x9. The Brembo wheels are VERY close to the calipers.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Don't want to thread hijack, but on a side note, will aftermarket rims 18x9.5 (fronts) and 18x10 (rears) from my old 07 GT fit on a 2012 GT with the factory Brembo brake package?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts