Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i accidentally ordered h11 for my gt fogs i want to know do i have to exchange them or will they fit? . also i find no decent write ups on hid installs any one have any links thank you ... my 2nd post :)

..djvoodoo

·
Registered
415 Posts
Fog/Driving light

LOL :shigrin

I just got done putting the original fog lights back in. And went down to Auto Zone to check out the lighting options.

Fog/Driving light
9145ST Silverstar High Performance Lighting*
H11
H11ST Silverstar High Performance Lighting*
H11XV XtraVision Halogen - The Brighter Light*

9145 are 45w and the H11 are 55w. Either will fit and work.

*The Sylvania Silver Star or SilverStar Ultra are the best and brightest, but are a little pricey.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i ordered h11 12k hids after reading bulb guide on line . then yesterday as im looking for a install write up i knoticed that h11 is for v6 fogs and h10 is for gt fogs .. im curious is its the same socket ?

thanks for the replies guys .. likening this community more and more

·
Registered
415 Posts
I checked out some $20 Pilot bulbs at Auto Zone in the off road lights section. I noticed one was marked H10/9145 (45W) and the one next to it was H11/???? (55W).

I had the stock 9145's in my GT and replaced them yesterday with the H11 Silverstar ones. :happyhapp chaching. Everything fit. So I can say from experience both 9145 and H11 will fit. H11 are just a little brighter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.