Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting a STS turbo in the next few months. The kit doesn't come with new fuel injectors or a fuel pump I don't think. Will I need to look into purchasing a new one or will the stock one do ok? If it matters I ain't going to be running above 12 pounds of boost.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Are you buying the tuner kit? A tuner kit is one that does not come with injectors or a tuner. If you purchase the tuner kit you will have to buy 39# injectors and a tune (maybe a tuner if the tune they supply doesn't work with the tuner you have)
Have you contacted Squires with your questions/concerns?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am buying the universal kit. It doesn't I know. My question is will I need any better than stock injectors.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I am buying the universal kit. It doesn't I know. My question is will I need any better than stock injectors.

there is a lot of science behind selecting injectors for a specific application. if you are buying the universal kit (for less I imagine) expect to have to add stuff to make it complete. Most likely the stock injectors wont work (19 lbs). You need to call STS and talk to them about your whole project so they can advise you what to buy before you dish out the cash - I can almost assure you that by the time you add all the other stuff needed you will better just to buy the complete kit for your car...they have this figured out..

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
I think xchris runs the stock fuel pump at 98% on 8lbs of boost. To get to 12 lbs you'd need a bigger one.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also are fuel injectors pretty generic? Like will any 39# injectors work on my car or does it take a specific kind.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
get in touch with xchris, he can help you out more than i could. there is a tsb out for fuel pumps. id go to your dealer...talk to the tech, have them replace it with a gt500. slip him like a hundred or so...so he accidentally orders the wrong part, and gets the gt500 pump instead haha. im going to try that in the next few months before i go f.i too

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.