Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will an 84 thunderbird turbo coupe motor fit in a 1987 for gt hatchback. the car had a 5.0 HO in it. It was pulled, and I'm wondering if my motor will fit in it. I'm almost positive it will, but will I have to buy special motor mounts or anything?

·
Registered
693 Posts
It's a bolt in. Go to the junkyard and get some 2.3 Mustang motor mounts, the TC's are different. I assume you're gonna use the T3 turbo? You'll need the computer from the TC and you'll have to make a couple of wiring changes. Check out Stinger's website for step-by-step instructions. It's a piece of cake!:laughlitt
http://projecthp.ford23.com/

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
harnesses

it's all stock, from an 84 thunderbird TC. the harness I believe is no longer in the mustang, as it was taken out by the previous owner, who removed the 5.0 engine. if the harness is still there, can I use the 5.0 harness at all, or do I have to use the whole TC harness? or should I just go to the junk yard and get a 2.3 mustang harness?

·
Registered
693 Posts
Get a 2.3 harness from the junkyard. You'll need the TC computer also. Just a few wiring changes for the Mustang harness. I'm more familiar with the 87-88 TC computer swaps than the 84 swaps but I think they're both the same. Check Stinger's site and as soon as www.turboford.net comes back up, do research on there. It's really a simple swap!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
harness

I can't use the t-bird harness at all? would that be harder to do? I'm worried about all the in-car controls not working if I use the t-bird harness, plus all the wires aren't all that well off as is. half of them need to be redone.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Get the 2.3 Mustang harness. It'll make your life much simpler! That way all your in car controls will be the same. You only have to make a couple of wiring changes. If you get the TC harness, you'll have a ton of extra wires that you'll have to figure out and remove. Again, I'm more familiar with the 87-88 TC swaps but I'm pretty sure they're relatively the same. Check with Stinger.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.