Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I was recently told that I have to take my car in for smog testing. I have a JLT CAI and a custom tune from Brooksspeed in my car, and I wanted to know, do I need to take out and replace the JLT and the custom tune with the stock intake and stock tune before I take it in? Or will the JLT with the custom tune pass?

·
Registered
103 Posts
From what I was told when I had the same situation, is that your O2s are turned off in the tune and wont pass emmissions testing. So for your smog test I would go in stock. Just drive it 60-100 miles to reset the sensors.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Or just reach out to Brookspeed and ask for an emissions tune for your JLT. The good tuners like Brookspeed can write a tune that re-enables your rear O2 sensors to pass emissions.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Contacted Brooksspeed. Hopefully they can make me an emissions tune for the JLT.

·
Registered
921 Posts
As stated several times.. It depends on if the tuner turned off the rear 02 sensors or not.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I asked Eric Brooks, and he said my O2s are still on in the tune he gave me. So does this mean my car should pass fine, or is there anything else I need to check?

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
I asked Eric Brooks, and he said my O2s are still on in the tune he gave me. So does this mean my car should pass fine, or is there anything else I need to check?
It should pass fine. Man i love these threads, it makes me smile that much more knowing i live in a state with no emissions lol.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My car passed the test :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
When I got My JLT and Tunes from Chris at Tillamn's I got a 93 Emission Tune to use with the JLT to pass the Emissions Test. I have'nt had to use it yet, not untill this October.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.