Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will bbk shorty headers make my 03 gt louder? how much if any?

I already have a bbk catted H-pipe and a flowmaster cat back. I dont want raspy and I dont want anything crazy. I jsut want it a little louder and more aggressive. I'm also not worried about hp, purely looking for a classic & quality sound. will this be a good set up?

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Shorties will change the sound a little bit but if you want real loud sound, I suggest changing your mid-pipe to an o/r pipe and mufflers

·
Registered
41,829 Posts
Dude, i just got BBK long tube, sounds the bomb, deeper roar and more throatier!!! go long!!!
I think that the long tube would give you a better sound.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
he dont want real loud.. just a lil bit louder. try flowmaster american thunder catback or get the shorty headers.. personally if you cant do them yourself i wouldnt bother because the install cost will probably kill you because the shops are assholes.
personally id get with mac longtubes/mac shorty catted H and your flowmaster catback or mac catback.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
In the end, shorties will not give you much hp but the sound will change like said before but a pita to install. I would just change the stock mufflers out for AT's for a nice rumble sounding exhaust.

·
Banned
652 Posts
dont waste your money on headers, get some flowmaster super 44s, they're louder, deeper, and throatier than the 40 series. you're going to end up paying about 400 bucks to get those headers installed and if you do longtubes its gonna be about 500 installed plus you have to buy a new mid pipe, catted about 300, and then you're going to need a tune, 400 for tuner plus dyno time. so you can spend about 1000 dollars on headers or spend about 200 for better mufflers. id do the 44s if i were you.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's the thing. Theres a guy selling bbk shorty headers for $100 used. I already have a bbk H-pipe and a Sniper handheld tuner so i dont need a mid pipe and a local mechanic installs headers for $250. So for $350 i could have some headers. Not too shabby, which is why I started to think about this in the first place...

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
I see what your saying man, it's a good deal but here's what I would do. I would hold off installing the headers and just wait until your stock exhaust manifolds give out or crack and then put the bbk shorties in:bigthumbsup Save the 250 now for something else, Plenum/TB combo, pulleys, etc.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Well, might as well go long tube. Friend of mine just installed BBK long tubes on his 04 gt, and it made it a lil louder, but its hard to tell cuz he doesnt have any cats, so its just loud anyways. He said he noticed a slight difference in power, so i wouldnt think shorties would do ya much.

·
Registered
240 Posts
i BBK longtubes and they're great. im not catted either tho. i payed $390 for my header install and xpipe.. if your going to by headers dont waste money on shorties

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.