Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still waiting for my ride....but was challenged. I don;t know too much about the Audi's so I was wondering if I'm going to be spanked.

Has anyone seen (or even better if you have a photo) the new interior dash option?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,859 Posts
You should have no problem beating a TT. I think the fastest one does the 1/4 in about 15 flat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
897 Posts
CinciForse said:
Still waiting for my ride....but was challenged. I don;t know too much about the Audi's so I was wondering if I'm going to be spanked.

Has anyone seen (or even better if you have a photo) the new interior dash option?
You'd spank it bad.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,106 Posts
Good to hear

thump_rrr said:
You'd spank it bad.
Man I love hearing that. There are tons of Audis around here. Dealership in Spokane. Have to say, they are really nice looking cars. I almost bought a 350Z until I heard how poor their inital quality was. Same went for the Mazda RX-8. Huge problems. Pass. The RX-8 had the coolest "cockpit" though. That is the only word for it. Nothing like a car. Liked the 9,000RPM redline but not having to keep the revs above 3K all the time to prevent fouling the plugs. Bye bye clutch. But the Mustang is retro and I love the black/chrome look.

Yeah, the '05-'06 does 0-60 in 5.5 right? Right out of the box. I think the TT has a turbocharged 1.8L flat four? Remember what George Jetson's vehicle sounded like? Probably "fun to drive". Translated as "nimble, but not fast or quick or powerful and that's what makes cars fun to drive".

Not woody-producing at all.

-David
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
The GT's have been timed around 0-60 in 4.9-5.0 more than a few times, stock!!!!! Get a CAI and SCT tune, and you'll own most things on the road, except for new Vette's, Vipers, Ferraris, etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,912 Posts
I have to disagree here with the general concensus....

One thing I've learned on these forums is that MUSTANGS ARE SLOW.
Face it, we drive the slowest cars on the road. I always hear and read on here that Mustangs are slow from all the GM and rice fans.

I always now think about how slow mycar is when I dust other people on the street, since "street times" don't count here.

I would smoke it, but according to some people here, I drive a turtle mobile that can't pass wind...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,859 Posts
Its Ok dude my car is known as a turd! :dunce: Tell you what we should just interent race and get it over with. 1..2..3..go!!! I lost because I spun too hard off the line, etc...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,724 Posts
JEB said:
I have to disagree here with the general concensus....

One thing I've learned on these forums is that MUSTANGS ARE SLOW.
Face it, we drive the slowest cars on the road. I always hear and read on here that Mustangs are slow from all the GM and rice fans.

I always now think about how slow mycar is when I dust other people on the street, since "street times" don't count here.

I would smoke it, but according to some people here, I drive a turtle mobile that can't pass wind...
Why do they always hate on stangs. Are they jealous they can't afford an affordable sports car and become part of an American Heritage?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
394 Posts
CinciForse said:
Still waiting for my ride....but was challenged. I don;t know too much about the Audi's so I was wondering if I'm going to be spanked.

Has anyone seen (or even better if you have a photo) the new interior dash option?
If it's any consolation (and it SHOULD be)...I beat a new TT here down a stretch of road that's almost exactly 1/4 mile light to light. Now, what makes it amazing is mine's a V6 and I would consider the TT guy a better driver than I! Don't worry, even if you had NO driving skills you could beat one in a GT. :winks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,912 Posts
tw0scoops123 said:
Why do they always hate on stangs. Are they jealous they can't afford an affordable sports car and become part of an American Heritage?
You should hear the poop talk in my office...even after they get smoked!!!!

I work with at least 4 beemers, 2 SRT4's, 1 srt10 (same guy ones one srt4 and the srt10), 1 hyundai tibby GT model, a Mach 1.... and a Jetta (plus others who don't talk cars).

The mach is fast too, but we havn't lined up. I've ridden in his, he rode in mine. I believe mine is slightly faster...

anyhoo, the bmmrs are the ultra "car snobs." yes, BMW makes some fast cars, but not as fast as the 'Stang for a comparable price. Not by a long shot.

I wasn't bagging on 'Stangs in my previous post, (hope nobody thought that), I WAS bagging on the non Stang lovers that frequent these forums.

To the origianl poster....You should whip the TT unmercifully....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,749 Posts
JEB said:
I WAS bagging on the non Stang lovers that frequent these forums.
i still havent figured out whats up with the camaro guys logging on. you own a camaro, so you log in to a mustang forum to talk crap about mustangs and how much better your camaro is? why? need to convince yourself? owning a chevy that dull? how? when camaro is sooo great?:rolleyes: guess there is no www.allsuckycamaros.com for the chevy guys. and if there was, i wouldnt log on b/c i dont need to bash camaros everyday just to feel good about my mustang. i feel good about it without doing all of that, cuz i know my mustang is better.:kooky:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,749 Posts
ha ha ha.... after i submitted the above i noticed that the program made it a link.... i clicked on it thinking how funny it would be if it was an actual site... well its not, but after several seconds of "think'un" my browser pulled up google search and had listed at the top search the article where GM announced it was killing the camaro after 2002. now thats some funny [email protected]%!:laughlitt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
tw0scoops123 said:
Why do they always hate on stangs. Are they jealous they can't afford an affordable sports car and become part of an American Heritage?
I believe they are jealous because they probably bought something pricier and slower...
It must hurt a lot ....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks!...Now if I can only get the car (Been waiting 16 weeks and I'm now told Jan at the earliest.)

What is the concensus on a '96 or '97 BMW M3? Will I beat that too?:drool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,859 Posts
If its a 96-97 you should be alright if you can drive pretty good. If its newer you could be very evenly matched.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
CinciForse said:
Thanks!...Now if I can only get the car (Been waiting 16 weeks and I'm now told Jan at the earliest.)

What is the concensus on a '96 or '97 BMW M3? Will I beat that too?:drool:
Yep, you will beat a 96/97 M3 (in a straight line).
The newer model (333 hp), you won't.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
418 Posts
reekostang said:
you'll own most things on the road, except for new Vette's, Vipers, Ferraris, etc.
.....and Neon SRT-4s They will spank ya if you're not paying attention. heh
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top