Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just curious, kind of off topic thats why i posted it in the talk section, but since the 1995 was the last year of the 5.0l 302 until the 2011 mustangs, do you guys think they might end up being worth some kind of money someday ? Well the cobra they obviously made less of because that's the higher end,but also the gt,s are a 5.0l also, and like the gt is the only one that came original with yellow, and they only sold 3,497 of them to the public. And the cobras were only 5,008 all together, not counting the cobra r because thats a 351.theres only a toatl of like 6300 of the gts models also, So i am wondering should we re think about digging in to are cars with performance parts now seeing that maybe they can be worth some money someday ? I took out my original motor and put a different one in from a foxbody and it has some work done to it, but i still have my original motor in my garage.

·
Registered
490 Posts
i think they could along time from now! heck any old mustang from the 60's and early 70's are worth money!!

i bet the Cobra's will be pretty rare and pricey though!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah thats what i was thinking so for some people it would be wise to keep it all original and matching numbers as possible, even though it could be like 30 years from now that theyre worth money that 30 years will probably come by fast lol.

·
Registered
113 Posts
i think they will be worth a lot of money in like 30 years, i can't believe some of the things i see people doing to 93 cobra's they butcher them, i think if you want to build a drag car or a race car of any kind i think you should start with a base model, thats my 2cents

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah exactly i wouldnt dig into a 93 of any cause its the last ear of the fox nor would i dig into a 92 cause last ear of forged pistons i beleive iwould dig into a 91 or 90 cause i dont thinnk they would have any kind of later value, and by dig in i mean assing performance parts chaing looks, or gears, anything really thats not original.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Cobra and GTS maybe someday, the regular GT never, not to say they wont always be a popular car on the market, just not worth collector money.

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
I doubt any of the modern muscle cars will ever command prices like the 60s cars, the baby boomers now retired are merely trying to relive their youth and the craze boom of the last 10 years put prices beyond their worth...also if you factor in inflation the prices paid are not really much higher than what it would have cost in the 60s...my advice to you: Mod your car and drive it, if you want an investment, talk to a financial advisor.

·
Banned
1,207 Posts
I doubt any of the modern muscle cars will ever command prices like the 60s cars, the baby boomers now retired are merely trying to relive their youth and the craze boom of the last 10 years put prices beyond their worth...also if you factor in inflation the prices paid are not really much higher than what it would have cost in the 60s...my advice to you: Mod your car and drive it, if you want an investment, talk to a financial advisor.

Exactly!

A 1968 Shelby cost about $5k new in'68. Today in pristine condition it might be worth $125,000. During those 42 years the Shelby would need maintenance, insurance, and etc. even if it was just parked in the garage. Lets estimate that at $50 month

On the other hand $5k invested in 1968 plus $50 month would be worth $350,000 today if the rate of return were 8%.

Buy a car for fun, they are always a bad investment.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
When it comes to ANY of the 5.0's (FOX or SN95), the only ones that will bring in big bucks are going to be the special editions and the one's that are COMPLETELY stock with low miles.

It's already hard enough to find a completely stock 5.0, think about 20 years from now how rare they will be.
So if it's a completely stock, low miles, good condition 5.0 then I could see it bringing in some money. I doubt they will be considered a collector car though...

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
None of the 5.0 Mustangs will ever bring in collector car prices. The way I see it, even if they did, why not just mod it anyway? Even if mine would have been worth $100,000 30 years from now, I would rather have fun with it for that 30 years than to bring in a collector car price for it 30 years from now.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah you might be right about that one, have some fun with the car, but there will be probably some people garage parking a low mileage 5.0

·
Registered
175 Posts
i dont see a point in keeping a fox original if it has over 40k or rust. Some model foxes may bring in more money than others but i dont see fox's ever being a valuble collector car. If you want a garage queen, why buy a stock fox or any stock car? There is nothing special about it except it wasnt driven ever. IMO, resto mods are worth more and cooler than a all original mustang or any 60s-70s muscle car.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Cars were made to be driven not couped up in a garage never to see the light of day again.
Buy the car, do what you want with it, and drive the hell out of it. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah i see yeah my car is 100k miles a yellow 1995 gt convertible all options and black leather 5 speed so you guys think there wont really be any kind of collectors value for it even though its the last year of the 5.0

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
i think it stands a chance. last year of the 5.0, plus the SVT paperwork, it could be worth a bit of money

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Yeah i see yeah my car is 100k miles a yellow 1995 gt convertible all options and black leather 5 speed so you guys think there wont really be any kind of collectors value for it even though its the last year of the 5.0
It is possible it could bring in some money way later on down the road, but still I don't think it will be much.
Technically the last of the 5.0's was on the Explorers and not the Mustangs. Although '95 was the last year for the 5.0 in the Stangs.

But hey, a lot of people back in the 70's and 80's didn't think the old school Mustangs were going to be worth anything either. So only time will tell.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.