Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the zex universal v8 efi kit (part number 82023) work for my 05 gt? I know they make a kit specifically for my car but a friend has a brand new in the box kit i might buy.

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
Looking at the kit, you'll need the piece that sits on the fuel rail and will add fuel to it. You might be able to buy that seperate but i would just get the kit for your car.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i figured i would need the fuel rail adapter its only 40 dollars. I called Zex they said it will work once i buy the adapter and jets for an 8 cylinder. Its all brand new in the box with a holley bottle heater for 400 so i figured its a steal.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
also do i have to use a zex brand fuel rail adapter or will the nitrous express one work as well? Also, will another brand of jets fit the zex kit or do i NEED zex jets??

·
Registered
221 Posts
I understand you're trying to cut some corners and get a system for cheap. When you said you'd have to buy the adapter and jets I was only a little concerned. Then you asked about mixing and matching brands and I just have to say stop. Nitrous is nothing to fool around with! If you really feel like you need to add nitrous (which I'm scared of to begin with) get a complete kit, from one company, specially designed for your car. The risk of blowing up your engine just isn't worth saving a couple hundred bucks.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i talked to the guy selling the adapter and he had it on his zex kit he said it worked fine even better because you could hook up a fuel gauge as well. as for the jets im just gonna stick with zex. I called zex and they said that the kit will be fine the only difference from the kit made for my car is it has the fuel rail adapter and correct size fuel jet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.