Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title said, I'm looking at purchasing a 2 piece cervini cover in the spring...
but I was pondering getting a windscreen as well.
My mom has one on her mercedes and I have to say it makes a good bit of difference in wind noise and draft.

I was debating on getting the cover, then finding a styling bar WITH a windscreen, or just get the windscreen and cover. I'm going back and fourth with the style bar look.

Also, had some ideas going through my head...
I have a 2002 Red Convertible GT...with a (tan) "peanut butter" top as my bruthas like to call it ;)
I'm pondering on doing some sort of Gold racing strips but not sure how it would look with a convertible, I'd obviously put it on the cervini cover once I got it too...

Just some ideas, lemme hear what you guys think! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
31 Posts
Wow, you are definitely pushing the limits of what you will be able to fit in there. Here's my two cents worth working with windscreens:

You for sure aren't going to be able to go with a mesh windscreen that attaches to the body or is in an L shape. Your best bet is to go with a lexan windscreen from a company like Windblox (That's where mine is from, and it works fantastic). Now, if you get a cervini cover, you might have trouble even strapping that on, but if you move your seats forward a bit, it might work. The main problem is the extensions on the cover in the middle, but if you have 1/4 inch, I would definitely go with a lexan blocker. Good luck!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Windblox? Is that the brand that straps to the headrest? I saw those but was curious as to how it looked. It seemed kinda tacky but for $80 it's hard to go wrong! Plus the clear straps I saw can be added to the order.

Can you elaborated on yours a little? I'm pretty interested if I can find one person who swears on it.

It seems like it would pair nice with the hard cervini cover I have on order.

·
Registered
31 Posts
lv2xlr8:

Here's why I like Windblox:

1. They're clear. I had mesh before this one, and it obstructed my view and drove me crazy.
  2. They have lifetime warranties, and after a couple years of owning one, I know they can back that up.
  3. They are easy to install and they do a fantastic job.
As far as looking tacking, I don't mind the look at all, but to each their own. I would imagine that it would look good with the cervini since the windblocker will come up a little past the top of the cover a bit. Let me just say this...If you want a windscreen that works amazing, I can swear by them. It's the style you have to come to terms with--if you are looking at a cervini, I think the match would be great, though. Have you shopped around for other windscreens a bit? Why don't you check out windscreenreview.net? Windblox is on there as well as a lot of other companies so you can pick and choose. Good luck. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.