Ford Mustang Forum banner

Will I buy another Mustang?

• Yes, I love Mustangs! I'll definitely buy again.

Votes: 86 69.9%
  • No, the current car is enough for me.

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • Not sure at this time.

Votes: 25 20.3%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 4.6 hasn't reached 7,000 miles yet. Still, as I read of the wonders of the new 5.0, I often think of trading.

But with the publicity of the bad transmissions, plus other reasons like not really being sure I want another "just a mustang", I haven't made the leap.

I can't actually answer the "will I buy another" question.

I'm sure there are lifelong Mustang fans here, as well as 1st time buyers. Hoping to read some interesting answers.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I currently own three mustangs, and plan on buying another once the redesign comes out. Mustang is the only car I have ever owned for a total of six. It helps I'm single with no children, if I ever happen to start a family I'm sure I'll have to get something better suited to family life.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Definitely. I'm upgrading to a GT500 whenever the finances are right, or just keeping my 05 and replacing the engine.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
This is my first Mustang and I know it's the coolest car I've ever owned. No problems with either, so far. I am now a Mustang guy. My next car will be the 5.0 or a used GT500.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
I have thought about a new Shelby GT500. But then I realize I can't toss out 30-50k everytime a new cool mustang comes out :)

Plus with all my suspension goodies and SC, my car handles perfect, and I don't plan on doing it again to another car any time soon, lol.

my next car is probably guna be an economy...maybe a Focus or something so I can keep my mustang dry on those wet days.

·
Registered
9,653 Posts
I love my stang but I voted "not sure at this time" because:

- I might hold onto this one for a long time and mod it, versus buying a new one

- the Mustang is a great value, super cool car for the money . . . but if I can afford it I might get something even cooler like a vette or Porsche or something

- who knows what is going to happen with gas . . .

The supposed quality problems with the new mustangs is not a major factor for me; I'm confident they will work it out plus I think there is some over-reacting going on, no car is perfect especially at the mustang price point . . . remember it wasn't long ago that we were being led to believe that everyone who drove a Toyota would soon be plunging off a cliff . . .

·
Registered
502 Posts
Yes I would definately buy another mustang, I have owned two others in my younger days a '69 Mach 1 and a '71 coupe. Also owned a '83 Capri RS, first year Mustang/Capri came back out with the 302 4 barrel carb. since 1973. That car pulled really strong.

R

·
0 Posts
I will not make the mistake of owning a Ford product ever again, so I emphatically voted no. If I ever end up getting another vehicle (which will likely only occur via a car accident totaling this one out, seeing as I'm stuck with it for life otherwise), it would probably be a used Challenger. Black R/T, I expect.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I will not make the mistake of owning a Ford product ever again, so I emphatically voted no. If I ever end up getting another vehicle (which will likely only occur via a car accident totaling this one out, seeing as I'm stuck with it for life otherwise), it would probably be a used Challenger. Black R/T, I expect.

WOW..did not expect to see such a strong response in the NO category. i get poor service from the Ford dealership but they fall all over themselves when my wife drives in....go figure.

but i've had turd automobiles too, had a SAAB turbo blow a transmission at 65 mph and lock-up tighter-than-dicks-hatband and left me in the MIDDLE of the Carefree highway in Arizona once....yeesh. horrible day. took a towtruck to drag that stubborn dog off the pavement!

i've owned 4 Mustangs myself, wife on her 3rd. love 'em. each one has special qualities and quirks.
hoping i'll live long enough to have a new BOSS or GT500...maybe a GT600? an 04' Terminator sounds fine or anything with a blower! might be dreaming but what a dream!

·
Registered
502 Posts
"So you won't buy another Ford but you will by a Dodge" wow!

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Heck no! im not paying $500 a month to drive it 5 months out of the year.Once i sell mine no more stang for me,my next ride will be a svt raptor.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
430 Posts
I voted "not sure". I'm planning on trading in my car next summer, and I have a few cars I'm looking at.

I'm definitely leaning towards a 2011+ 5.0. I will look for a lightly used/low mileage one with an auto trans (I want an American transmission and not that Chinese piece of **** they've put in the manual 5.0 GTs).

I also like the Nissan 370Z, especially the Nismo edition. It's not a V8, but it's a good looking car, has respectable performance, and handles like a go kart. Nissan also uses really solid materials for their interiors.

I guess my third option is a Challenger SRT, if the ridiculous asking prices on used ones ever come back down to earth. My father has a 6.1 SRT Charger and that is one awesome motor once you tune it and add some bolt ons. The new Challengers get an even bigger 6.4 liter version of that motor.

The final option would be a used GT500, but that would require me to get another car as a DD, and I'm still not comfortable shelling out 30-35 K for a used GT500 when I can get a 5.0 new for the same money.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Wow.................

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
So far as I can tell, Rake has never ONCE had anything even resembling a positive comment. So BIG surprise there:bigthumbsup

Wildcat, if you want a 370 Z, I hope that you are under 5 foot 5 and 150lbs. I sat in one for the time it took the dealer to walk around the car to open the passenger door for a test drive and knew I would never own a Z. Didn't even bother with the test drive, it could have been the fastest car in the world and I wouldn't have thought about it.

Also, I would do some reading/research before buying anything made by Chrysler since the early 70s:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,399 Posts

Maybe you've heard of these places called Car Dealerships? Yeah, you can go there (with your car:bigthumbsup) and trade your Ford product in on another car. You can even bring a Ford to a Dodge dealership and get that overpriced, oversized, overweight, underachieving, gas-guzzling, Tank, I mean, Challenger R/T you've always wanted. :winks

·
Registered
512 Posts
defiantly plan on buying another one in a few years. selling this one now unfortunately :weeps. I'm going back to school in Dallas starting in August and need to cut down on expenses and have alot of money tied up in this one that would really help during all this. I plan on buying another in 2013 once I'm done. hopefully a 2012 or 11 gt500. you don't even want to know what i plan on doing to that one hehe. either that or I plan on getting a GTR or a 2012 z06. interior is the only thing lacking on the mustangs now in my opinion. even the earlier z06s interior sucks imo except for the brand new ones.

Right now though my plan is a newer gt500 though. mainly because I've always been a mustang guy and I already have planned what I want to do to the next one... I really want to get into road racing which is what I planed for this one but i never got into the suspension. not really into drag strips. I came reallllly close to getting kw3 variant coil overs but I'm glad i held off now.

On a side note of anyone wants to buy a 2007 gt500 let me know lol.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
How much would you want for it? You're not too far and a friend is looking for something Private owned. Paying in cash. If you're serious.

On second thought, I'm not sure if I want my buddy to have such a badass car:laugh: :winks

·
Registered
131 Posts
While I have only 3800 miles on my Mustang, at this point I am more than satisfied and have a blast driving this. I would purchase another one, maybe in a few years if there are signifiant changes, however I could also see keeing this one for 10 years or more --- just adding more mods each year!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Of course! I've owned 9 now (4 Foxes, 4 94-04's, 1-S197), still have 2 of them (90 coupe, 08 GT) and I'm sure more to come. :gringreen

1 - 20 of 98 Posts