Ford Mustang Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
holly_lowe said:
I have asked a lot of questions in these forums and I've yet to have anyone else be rude or act like they don't care. I don't feel like I am talking to a bunch of strangers when I come here. I feel like I am talking to a big group of fellow mustang lovers who I can't see. It's just one more thing made easier by modern technology.
Yeah, I love my bunch of imaginary friends :) Just because those voices in your head aren't real, doesn't mean they don't have some good ideas sometimes. And other times....?

I have seen these folks [on the forum] save people from making big, hideous and costly mistakes with their cars. [WHEW!] we stopped NGHTRNNR from putting those graphics on his car. Just in time too. Who knows what could have happened? :bounce2:

If I don't know what to expect, from a mod, I ask those who have done it. When I stripped off my GT badges to replace them with chrome V8 badges [killer!], I asked who had pulled theirs and what to watch out for ("out for what to watch", really, but good grammar is not necessarily more readable).

5TWENTY straightened me out and his advice worked great. If I had asked first, I could have saved myself a lot of headaches with the sequential turn signals! Also knowing Saleen had reversed their photos of the short shift adapter made intalling that so much better. I would have been throwing things and stunting the grass with my swearing.

I'm glad for this group because they have a depth of understanding and enthusiasm that is much deeper than any individual. Certainly deeper than mine and it's DEEP! [ECHO! echo! echo!]

A lot of what you will hear are tidbits of things like "Fer-the-love-of-God, don't deal with XYZ motorsports, their customer service was atrocious! I will never deal with them again!!!" Now you know.

Or "Don't get the FRPP chrome wheels because all my chrome chipped off and Ford won't make good on it through either the wheels' warranty or the cars'".

Sorta thing. Followed by sixteen "Me too"'s to let you know that first guy wasn't alone.

If you don't ask, you will make the mistakes others could have saved you from making.

No one will bust your lugnuts for asking but if you ever ask about putting a big, shopping-cart wing on your Mustang, watch out.:sterb: I promise to chime in. With ridicule and humiliations galore!

·
Registered
32 Posts
i like the way you think. i always ask questions first because you never know unless you ask.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
I think I know it all but I still ask questions.... then a laugh at your answers... lol JK!

Reds are doing fine! We'll be there!!! Loooong time!!!

41 - 43 of 43 Posts